• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick question about Dazed condition VS Fighter Grit and the like...

Dr_Sage

First Post
Good afternoon fellows,

There are a handfull of Powers that allow the character to ignore, recover from, or even cancel the dazed condition.

The best examples that come to my mind are Fighter Grit and the Dreadnough PP Power that allows recovery from various conditions by spending a minor action.

So if I got this right:

1 - Round starts and I am dazed, I get only 1 action;
2 - My team needs me, so I use one of those Powers to ignore or get rid of the dazed condition;

Do I get my actions back (in this case 2 more actions), or I am still screwed and will only act next round?

I am inclined to the worse result, but I would like to be shure, since the idea behind those powers are precisely to ignore that kind of crap for some time.

Thanks in advance!

Aulirophile

First Post
You get your actions back.

Conversely, if you have taken an action already this turn and are dazed mid-turn, you lose all remaining actions.

Estlor

Explorer
Specific beats general.

General: PCs get three actions per round - Standard, Move, and Minor.
Specific: Dazed PCs only get one action.

You begin your turn. Currently you are dazed so you only have one action. If:

• You have something that lets you save against dazed and you succeed without using an action, you are no longer dazed and have three actions.
  • You have something that lets you save/remove dazed but costs an action, you are no longer dazed and have whichever two remaining actions you have not yet used available.

Edit: Ninja-ed! But, yes, basically in 4e any condition inflicted in the middle of a turn takes your actions to that point in a turn into consideration, and any condition lost during a turn immediately goes away. That's why if you get slowed when you've already moved at least 2 squares, you stop moving as well.

Dr_Sage

First Post
Thank you both!

Thank you guys!

Glad I was wrong. =)

My battlerager tank fighter is gonna be either Firstborn of Moradin or Dreadnought. I think the Dreadnought spending a minor to get rid of conditions is better balanced now (he used to spend no action if I am not mistaken).

I have 2 hours to decide, LOL.

DracoSuave

First Post
Actually slowed does that because it explicitly says it does. If it didnt itd only affect speed based movement when used off turn. A run would stop at 4, a power that said to move your dex would be unaffected as normal.

On topic, I agree you can take those actions. You dont 'get action tokens' or any thing like that. You just take your turn and obey the rules that apply. If dazed is not active its rule does not apply.

Remove ads