• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Quick question about Hoard of the Dragon Queen

Lawngnome4hire

First Post
My books won't be coming in until the 19th so I can't check myself. Can someone who has the book tell me if the monsters stats are listed with each encounter; or are they all compiled together in the back of the book?

Kinak

First Post
My books won't be coming in until the 19th so I can't check myself. Can someone who has the book tell me if the monsters stats are listed with each encounter; or are they all compiled together in the back of the book?
Most encounters reference the MM (or the free doc [MENTION=6777265]Xodis[/MENTION] linked). The rest point to Appendix B.

Cheers!
Kinak

Lawngnome4hire

First Post
OK thanks. That answers my question, unfortunately not the answer I was hoping for. I greatly prefer to have the monsters listed with each encounter so I don't have to have as many books open at the table. I have a fairly large group so table space is at a premium.

Kinak

First Post
OK thanks. That answers my question, unfortunately not the answer I was hoping for. I greatly prefer to have the monsters listed with each encounter so I don't have to have as many books open at the table. I have a fairly large group so table space is at a premium.
Yeah, my best suggestion without file manipulation would be: print out the PDF, cut out the monsters you need and slip them in the correct places in the adventure book.

Cheers!
Kinak

WolfDM32

First Post
Just a thought, but I type the basics of stats up in a word doc and have my monitor on the table with a k/b mouse. Some dice. Books I pop open if there's a wisdom save or dex save or something. I copy down, AC, HP, attack information, any vulnerabilities, and any special features and init. Encounter 1, these 5 monsters, and list the stats of each. It'd be about the same as printing and keeping the page with the book. Might actually be easier.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads