• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Quick Question about Size Increase

DeBhaal

First Post
For a Sorcerer/bard that takes the Dragon Disciple PrC up to or higher than 5th level, they grow a size catergory. I.e small to medium, medium to large. Up to large size.

My question is, does a medium size Character who then becomes large, gain the benifits as stated on page 12 of the MM?! because that would be a net effect of +16 Str, -2 Dex, +8 Con, +6 Nat.Armor, and -1BAB at 10th level of the PrC.
I want to know if that is what happens, or if the PrC benifits override the benifits/penalties for becoming Large(r).

My DM is allowing me to take Dragon Disciple at 7th level when my character will be ready for it, but if the above happens, I think he might reconcider. :(

Caliber

Explorer
The Sage has ruled that no, that doesn't happen. But IMO, the class really needs those abilities. Most of those abilities are Fighter style abilities, but the class providing them is a Sorceror PrC.

Without them, I feel the class loses a lot of its bonuses. YMMV of course. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads