• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[quite OT] Ozzy Osbourne tells you your future

CRG

First Post
MTV: It's a new frontier, it's wide open...anything could happen!

But you've got alot of nerve to call yourself a pioneer when you're too ********* conservative to take real chances.

MTV get off the air. Now.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
MTV was okay around 91-92 or so, when they actually had a somewhat open-minded playlist and you could find a wide variety of music on there. I think that was before Viacom (the owner of MTV) became one of the 4 corporations who owns 95% of all radio stations in the country. After that, they decided that pop sells, and now all you hear is Britney and NSync.

Sigh, indeed.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
MeepoTheMighty said:
After that, they decided that pop sells, and now all you hear is Britney and NSync.

Hmm, I never seem to see anything other than Real World and Yo! MTV Raps. Well, there's the big Spring Break thing every year, but that isn't really serving up anything other than what you get in Real World and Yo!, too, when you get right down to it: slutty-looking chicks. (Now if they were slutty goth chicks...)

The Osbournes is worth watching, though. Or, rather, it was. Now that they "know" it's funny, it will cease to be funny.

Wulf

Ristamar

Adventurer
Wulf Ratbane said:

Hmm, I never seem to see anything other than Real World and Yo! MTV Raps.

(Now if they were slutty goth chicks...)

Wulf

I think Yo! MTV Raps has been off the air for years. That show was on when MTV was still decent, IIRC (not that I really liked 'Raps).

And sluttly goth chicks? Ew. *shudder* :p That'd just be tacking on another reason NOT to watch...

Last edited:

Remove ads