R&R: Excalibur, Olympus and ???

Crothian

First Post
Arcane Runes Press said:
I'd like to see a Relics & Rituals book about Native American legends.

I'd by like, I mean love.

And by love, I mean... well, pretty much love.

I'd also like to work on it.

So, get cracking S&S!

Dude, write it...or something really close.... :cool:

MaxKaladin

First Post
Toll Carom said:
Sure can. And, remember, just because Sword & Sorcery might not do a d20 Rome book doesn't mean that nobody else will. Hell, maybe even WotC will do one. Now, wouldn't that just be the bees knees? :D
Oh, I know others could be doing a d20 Rome book. I just haven't heard about one, though I have asked around about one once or twice before. I decided to ask about the R&R line when I saw the Olympus book and realized that it was intended to be a line of books rather than the one-off that I thought R&R: Excalibur was.

I still find it hard to believe we've seen books on so many other places in the ancient world at various times, but not on Rome itself. I would have thought that it would be a no-brainer. Especially with Gladiator coming out right about the same time as d20.

MaxKaladin

First Post
Hecatol said:
I was pleasantly surprised by R&R Olympus when I flipped through it at GenCon. I don't have Excalibur yet, but will probably pick it up sometime. I don't expect to base a whole campaign around these kinds of books, but they're great for mining.
I don't actually expect to run a campaign straight off of either book myself. I'm going to mine both for things to include in a game I'm building that is pseudo-Arthurian in flavor but has a number of other elements. Among those other elements is an island nation full of "Spartans" and the R&R Olympus book will be good for that.
R&R:Excalibur is proving helpful as well but I'm also making heavy use of a number of other sources from "Legends of Excalibur" through "GURPS Camelot" to stuff mined from Kalamar and the Forgotten Realms.

Remove ads