• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Race-Class suggestions for a LOT of pregens?

Wolfskin

Explorer
I'll start running the ToD campaign on late September/early October at a local gaming store, for up to a maximum of eight players, most of whom are total newbies (at least when it comes to 5e). To avoid handing out "dump characters" (i.e. the ones who nobody wanted to pick) to latecomers, I'd like to have a LOT of pregens, but I'm kinda running out of ideas and I'd like some input.

I'm planning to make sixteen pregens, two from each class: three humans, three elves, three dwarves, two halflings and one of each uncommon race. I'd like to pick sensible race and class combinations- not necessarily optimized, but neither I want to shaft players with cool but mechanically useless concepts.

So... advice, please? :)

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
I've attempted to provide a list that plays to each race's strengths as an option but also some interesting ideas that don't seem to get that much play.

Dwarf: Fighter, cleric, ranger

Elf: Paladin, rogue, wizard

Human: Paladin, wizard, warlock

Halfling: Rogue, cleric

Dragonborn: Warlock

Half-elf: Rogue

Half-orc: Ranger

Gnome: Wizard

Tiefling: Sorcerer

tuxgeo

Adventurer
First piece of advice: ask in the "Character Builds & Optimization" forum.

Reasoning for this advice: There is a lot less traffic there, so your thread will not disappear off the front page of the forum in scant days; and every time someone posts something useful, your thread will bump to the top of that forum again, making your thread more accessible to other potential contributors.

Edit: Ninja'd! OK, this here is the second piece of advice, then.

Remove ads