• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Race Elimination "Quarterfinal"

What is your Least Favourite Race?

• Dwarf

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Eladrin

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Elf

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Gnome

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Halfling

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • Half-elf

Votes: 17 15.6%
  • Half-orc

Votes: 29 26.6%

• Poll closed .

eamon

Explorer
Race Elimination Quarterfinal: A quarterfinal with 7 contestents - if that makes sense...

In round 5, the bell tolled for 5 races. Mengu's description of the results: Longtooth Shifter (31) - lots of dislike for this, I'm guessing some because of certain powerful mechanics, and some because of the were-nature and animalistic looks of the race. Hobgoblin (25), Kobold (23), Goblin (17) - not surprising that MM races are getting eliminated. Tiefling (18) - Weren't these guys supposed to be the "bad boys" everyone was going to fall in love with? Probably due to some unusual choices in imagery and somewhat flopping mechanics for the iconic class expectations from the race, I don't think they met that expectation.

[sblock=Results from previous rounds]In round 4, the Githerzai, Genasi, Human, Razorclaw and Orc got the boot... Yep, those fiendish humans were finally ditched by the wayside!

In round three we said good(bye?) riddance to Minotaurs, Githyanki, Deva, Changeling, Goliaths and Gnolls.

In round two we eradicated the Kalashtar, Dragonborn, Duergar, Kenku, Bugbears and Warforged.

And in round one we lost the Bladeling, Drow, Wilden, Shadar-Kai, Revenant, and the worst-liked race of them all: Bullywug![/sblock]

By now, you know the drill: vote for who you want pushing up daisies, and PLEASE POST COMMENTARY ON YOUR VOTE! Maybe you can convince later posters to join your cause :).

The 3 races with the most votes will removed from the contest!

Kudos to fireinthedusts's inspiring examples of `ethnic cleansing'!

radja

First Post
I vote half-elves. these abominable half-breeds (who don't even have a MM entry, unlike other PHB1 races) must die.

Davachido

Explorer
Mmm, all those races there I like for different reasons, but the gnome just eases out of the top for me due to their racials not being all that fun for me. I love them as rogues or assasins due to quick hiding but both those classes have enough ways to do that already.

Viashimo

First Post
I vote for Eladrin. Basically an elf - sure it has a little fey but that just gets annoying. I want an elf and that's that. High elf / wood elf / dark elf / purple elf / elephant elf can all just be under elf for once.

Mengu

First Post
Gnome. They are such a niche race, good at a handful of things, and poor at... well, more than a handful. I'd be hard pressed eliminating anything else at this point since I like all the other remaining races.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads