• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Race Idea (need Feedback please)

draygonne

First Post
(Reposting as it seems my earlier post has disappeared and made some changes)

Race: Corveillian (four armed tall humaniod race)

Humanoid - Mountainous Regions - Hunter/Gatherer's-Tribal Organization/Government

Alignment: Mostly Chaotic, very rare Lawful due to enviroment they live in.

Base Height 6' (m&f) Mods (m) 2d12+3 (f) 2d12-2
Base Weight (m) 175lbs (f) 125lbs Mods *1d10

Move 40'

ST:+2 (Lower pair of arms -4ST) or (drop +2str and make lower arms only -2str)
DX:0
CN:+2 (Hardy Race)
IN:0
WS:0
CH:-2

FEATS: (Racially inborn or Learned-Your input here please)
Multitasking
Multidexterity
Multiattack
Multiweapons Fighting

Skills:
Craft:Leatherworking +1
Craft:Bowyer/Flethcer +1
Wilderness Lore+2

Classes: All except Paladin, Monk (lawful align) unless player has good background story and DM approves.

Armor and Clothing cost *2price due to size and extra arms if bought in non corveillian areas.

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated by me.

Draygonne

Leviathan

First Post
Too strong?!

I think this race is a little bit too strong!
Some of the feats should be removed like Multiattack and Multiweapon Fighting.
There should also be an overall racial power of +2 levels.
Jagged Edge Games has published a similar race: you can download their document from the Umbragia-setting homepage:
http://www.d20reviews.com/jagged
The race is published within the document "People of Umbragia" and is named "Xxyxx".

Eternalknight

First Post
Re: Too strong?!

Leviathan said:
I think this race is a little bit too strong!

And the award for understatement of the week goes to....

Seriously mate, the guy is way too overpowered (unless he is an ECL race; in which case he would be about +3 I think)

Drop the Strength bonus, get rid of the feats (or allow them to choose one at 1st level).

draygonne

First Post
Corvellian Race changes :)

Thank you all so far for your responses on my race.

1. No only one shield period can be benefited from.. no stacking... unless someone has a interesting idea on this.

2. What about allowing the race to automatically have the Multitasking Feat, all other feats must be selected as you advance in your class levels?

3. I forgot the ecl portion of my original post, originally was planned for ecl+1, but in review of everything they will be ecl+2 unless something majorally changes them.

4. Stat bonus's .. i need suggestions in addition to what i already have posted.

4a. should the lower arms be -4 or -2 Str depending on whether they get a upper arm bonus or not.

5. I originally envisioned them being not as intelligent as most other races but more wiser due to their enviroment. But i have heard +1/-1 mods are frowned upon.

6. Wizards where originally not allowed due to the fact they have no set cities or buildings of learning, but i guess if one wanted too, he would set out to a nearby city to learn the wizard class.

Well thank you again, and please keep responding, who knows where this idea will finally go. :)

Draygonne

draygonne

First Post
:) Hello out there :)

Lots of reviewing but no more comments? Hopefully this race hasnt balanced out yet :)

Anyways i would still like any comments so that i can make this race playable.

Updates as follows:

Lower arms will be a -2 Str mod, No postive mod's to Str at all racial wise.

2 Shields will be allowed, BUT they dont stack AC bonus's, this will allow shield defense from either side if flanked attacked.

Carry Capacity is increased by 33%

Armor weight is increased by 25%

Thanks all
Draygonne

trentonjoe

Explorer
I think this is a good concept.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Drop the speed to 30. Unless yo uenvision these things as super fast or something this seems unnessecary.

2. I like the idea of +2 str for the top arms, -2 for the bottom.

3. For balance purposes you might included a negative to intelligence or wis. Because of their uncivilized nature I think int may be more appropraite.

4. Only give one free feat at first level buit have them be available for future choice.

5. Maybe their starting equiptment could be primitive? CLubs and stone spears and such.

6. I think those modifications make it a ECL of 1ish.

Good luck and sorry about my poor spelling!

draygonne

First Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME :)

Felt like sharing it with everyone outhere :)

Be safe, Have fun, enjoy life, and thanks for all the comments so far, ill be posting a revised version soon.

Draygonne

Remove ads