• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Race with Charisma bonus?

rawgt3

First Post
Does anyone know of a race with a charisma bonus? Cause I'm itching to make a bluff char. but I don't know of any good races to use.

Traken

First Post
Only one I know off hand is Jaebrin from MM5. They also get a +2 racial bonus to bluff. :cool:

They seem a bit powerful for only a +1 LA...*shrug*

Spellscales from Races of the Dragon get +2 Charisma, - 2 Con (ouch), a meditation that basically gives you limited metamagic, and the dragonblood subtype for no level adjustment.

Rather than race, perhaps consider class and build? Warlocks, Beguilers, Bards, and Sorcerers would all tend to be pretty good bluffers between the stats and buffs.

evilbob

Explorer
Catfolk from Races of the Wild are excellent +2 Cha races; they also get +4 Dex and +10' movement, all for the low, low cost of +1 LA.

Engilbrand

First Post
Spellscale, Aasimar and Catfolk are all pretty good. Realistically, though, you might just want to choose a Human and take Skill Focus: Bluff as your extra feat. I'll also recommend a Beguiler or Binder for the class. I had a Human Binder who was a ton of fun to Bluff with. The nice thing about that class is that it NEEDS to Bluff.
"Why do you look so sick?"
"I was cursed by a witch as a small child."
The next day.
"You look better, but you appear to have horns."
"Damn witch."
"What happened to that Full Plate you were wearing yesterday?"
"I have no idea what you're talking about."
It's a lot of fun. Mixing that with the Aasimar would be strange, but you could say that you're the progeny of an angel and a demon and your angelic side is trying to win out. Fun times.

Zelc

First Post
I'm sure there's some elf with -2 Con and +2 Cha modifiers... *checks* Yup, that's the Star Elf. There's also the lesser outsiders.

Here is a list of LA +0 races. Just search for "+2 Cha".

Kisanji Arael

First Post
Zelc said:
I'm sure there's some elf with -2 Con and +2 Cha modifiers... *checks* Yup, that's the Star Elf. There's also the lesser outsiders.

Here is a list of LA +0 races. Just search for "+2 Cha".

Congratulations. You just won the thread, and I'm bookmarking this.

Remove ads