• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Races & Classes spotted?

Wormwood

Adventurer
Dr. Awkward said:
Either that, or they figured that the dragonborn resemble tieflings enough that they can pass for them, and since dragonborn are the mystery race, they weren't about to label the picture "Dragonborn Warlock". The reason that the pictures exist in the first place may be because someone thought it would be clever to hide them in plain sight, to reduce the chance of leaks. They can always just say, "no, no, that's a tiefling, not whatever it was you thought."

That's been my working theory, and still is.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I think it's much more likely that they haven't leaked any pictures of the dragonborn, period.

If they did look like "spikelings," that would be lame to the max.

Tewligan

First Post
Tquirky said:
"Cra-a-ab people, cra-a-ab people, taste like crab, talk like people."

The option to play them coming to your game, soon! In case Whether you want them or not! Only, less crabby, more dragony. Or something.
FIFY.

morbiczer said:
1. Okay, first I wish I had proofread my letter to Morrus a few times, there are some really embarrassing typos left in it.

This sentence: "I no that I all this might soun a strange..." for example makes me cry. :confused:

I wrote the email well after midnight, but really should have payed better attention.

2. "I couldn't find any passage saying that those and only those detailed would be in the PHB. (Five base classes certainly seem to much.)" should read:

"I couldn't find any passage saying that those and only those detailed would be in the PHB. (Five base classes certainly DON'T seem TOO much.)" As in "I would be very surprised if there were only five core classes in the PHB."

Oh, and the Dragonborn pictures I remember didn't look anything like the "possible Dragonborn" picture linked to before. I'd say that is simply a Tiefling. Although the Tiefling in the picture I remember had curved, not spiky horns.

Let's put it simple, then. Did dragonborn in the R&C have dragon heads like their 3e versions? (please say no!)

Remathilis

Legend
morbiczer said:
1. Okay, first I wish I had proofread my letter to Morrus a few times, there are some really embarrassing typos left in it.

This sentence: "I no that I all this might soun a strange..." for example makes me cry. :confused:

I wrote the email well after midnight, but really should have payed better attention.

2. "I couldn't find any passage saying that those and only those detailed would be in the PHB. (Five base classes certainly seem to much.)" should read:

"I couldn't find any passage saying that those and only those detailed would be in the PHB. (Five base classes certainly DON'T seem TOO much.)" As in "I would be very surprised if there were only five core classes in the PHB."

Oh, and the Dragonborn pictures I remember didn't look anything like the "possible Dragonborn" picture linked to before. I'd say that is simply a Tiefling. Although the Tiefling in the picture I remember had curved, not spiky horns.

Thank you very much for the clarifications.

The Little Raven

First Post
No, the fact that every D&D world will now have to cater for dragon halfbreeds as a default part of society because WOTC has seen fit to put them in the PHB is what matters.

That's funny, because Dark Sun doesn't cater to gnomes, who were in the PHB for 2nd Edition when Dark Sun was released. And Dragonlance dropped halflings for kender back in the 1980s. And Birthright really altered those races away from the PHB core interpretation.

Your worldbuilding is being dictated to you.

That's right. WotC is standing over my shoulder while I do the latest revision to my personal campaign setting and forcing me to replace the races I've been using for over 10 years with the ones in the PHB instead.

morbiczer

First Post
Sir Sebastian Hardin said:
Let's put it simple, then. Did dragonborn in the R&C have dragon heads like their 3e versions? (please say no!)

I didn't even know there were creatures called Dragonborn in 3E. Where did they appear?

I'd say the ones in R&C had "dragonlike" heads. No horns for example that I can remember, but the heads looked like I could imagine the head of a dragon. Their whole body (as far as you could see) was covered by scales.

The best way to describe them would be antropomorphic dragons (without wings).

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
morbiczer said:
I didn't even know there were creatures called Dragonborn in 3E. Where did they appear?
Races of the Dragon, they were a templated race with some progressive feats that could be used to add dragon themed power as level increased. If you remove the template part that's probably fairly similar to how they're being implemented in 4e.

morbiczer said:
I'd say the ones in R&C had "dragonlike" heads. No horns for example that I can remember, but the heads looked like I could imagine the head of a dragon. Their whole body (as far as you could see) was covered by scales. The best way to describe them would be antropomorphic dragons (without wings).
Pretty much like the default 3.5e version, though they tended to have horns as well.
Picture here http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/rodragon_gallery/94117.jpg

rounser

First Post
Finally, what is it with people complaining about names? With eladrin, there were complaints it didn't mean anything; with dragonborn, it's a "lame compound word". Would you be any happier if they'd been named "draccaryn" or something similar? I doubt so.
Well, "neither" is an option too. They could do some research into mythology or maybe, buy a good thesaurus. Why isn't tiefling named "cambion"? That's the english word for it. There are lots of forgotten words like "hobbit" out there in ye olde english which it wouldn't be too much trouble to find. For example "trow" isn't used in D&D yet (Hackmaster picked it up though, cool word).

I'd be very surprised if there isn't some mythological reptile people name somewhere out there. And something real like sidhe would have been better than eladrin...maybe not exactly sidhe, too many puns.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads