• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Races of Eberron *Update - Couple of folks have it - Ask questions here*

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Kyamsil said:
What do the 2 new psionic powers do?
Primal fear: Fear effect (shaken for 1 round).
Implanted suggestion: Like suggestion but it takes effect on a trigger you set rather than immediately.
Gestalt Anchor and Strength of Two are the only 2 non-soulknife psionic feats in the book. Are they worth taking?
Gestalt Anchor gives you +2 Reflex SV and initiative while you're psionically focussed. Other kalashtar nearby get the same bonus. So depending on whether this is useful to you and/or if you usually have other kalashtar allies around, it may or may not be useful enough to take.

Strength of Two gives you a +1 insight bonus to Will SV as long as you're psionically focussed and have at least 1 PP remaining. If you spend PP for it, it instead gives +5.
From your point of view, could the Atavist be tweaked so it could give manifester levels instead of unarmed strike/mindblade progression?
I suppose so, but probably not very many unless you drop some other powers as well - I think the only mind blade/unarmed strike-only powers are the progression and quori hunter.

Darkness

Kurzy said:
Please, tell me smtg about the feats for Valenar elf.
Sure. Valenar elves rule. :) Welcome to the boards, by the way.

Ancestral Guidance
This feat lets you reroll an action die. If you dishonor your patron spirit, you lose the benefit of the feat until you atone.

Bladebearer of the Valenar
Treat the Valenar double scimitar as a Martial weapon instead of an Exotic weapon. (Note: Valenar elves get weapon proficiency with this weapon for free anyway; their racial weapon proficiencies differ from other elves'. I suppose treating it as a Martial weapon helps if you're a non-Valenar elf from Valenar, rather than an actual Valenar elf.)
Damage bonus with certain slashing weapons while mounted.
If you have certain feats (e.g., Weapon Focus) with one of those slashing weapons, you gain its benefits with the others as well.
When you spend an action point to influence an attack roll with one of those slashing weapons, you also get a damage bonus.

Hellcow

Adventurer
WingOver said:
I have a player who wants to multiclass into Recaster (awesome class, btw):
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/iw/20050407b&page=3
However, he doesn't meet the requirements because he's human. Is there any mechanical/game balance reason why I shouldn't waive the Changeling race requirement?
Mechanical/game balance? No. You could throw another feat on the prereqs if you want. From a flavor perspective, of course, the idea is that the changeling is attuned to the concept of change and transformation; this is at the essence of its being, and gives it the insight in needs to pursue the class. But that's just flavor - so do as you will!

(And as for the drow, they are a fractured culture; RoE presents one form you can use, but it's not like all the drow of Xen'drik worship Vulkoor. I prefer the animistic tribes who respect the abilities of the scorpion itself as opposed to worshipping a hybrid god.)

Drengy

Explorer
I saw this book in my FLGS today, but didn't pick it up because of lack of funds at the moment (tax time). I will be buying it as soon as I have the cash.

One disappointment - the cover is brown and matches the standard D&D books, not black like the rest of the Eberron books. I'm kinda bummed by that. Anyone know why they changed it?

Darkness

Drengy said:
I saw this book in my FLGS today, but didn't pick it up because of lack of funds at the moment (tax time). I will be buying it as soon as I have the cash.

One disappointment - the cover is brown and matches the standard D&D books, not black like the rest of the Eberron books. I'm kinda bummed by that. Anyone know why they changed it?
Probably to indicate it's intended for players or something. Anyway, there was a small uproar on the WotC boards about it...

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Gez said:
PS: I learned that the next campaign setting will have even kewler drowsies. There, drow will worship, wait for it, centipedes,

Nah, they would have to worship ticks, mites, solifugids, whip scorpions or harvestmen (to stick with the arachnid theme. Everyone knows that scorpions are arachnids too, yes?)

Timeboxer

Explorer
Drengy said:

Because it's not an Eberron book.

It's a standard D&D book in the Races series. It merely happens to assume that all of your fluff (and some of your crunch) is going to be based upon the Eberron Campaign Setting, and that your players will be playing characters based expressly in Eberron.

But it's not an Eberron book. I don't know where you got that idea. >.>

In all seriousness, it's to emphasize the "You can still use this even if you're not running Eberron" factor. Far as I gather.

Darkness

Knight Otu said:
I'd be interested to hear the requirements for the reforged PrC. :)
Warforged, craft or profession 8 ranks, sense motive 4 ranks

Yep, that's it. :) It's a 3 level class.

Remove ads