• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Races of Stone - Earth Dreamer: Errata?

Tarril Wolfeye

First Post
Two Abilities of the Earth Dreamer from Races of Stone (p.110) are much too strong:
Earth Sight - see through stone, dirt or earth range 30 feet, duration 3+Con mod rounds
Earth Glide - move through earth as an Earth Elemental, duration 3+Con mod rounds
Both abilities are Su and there is no mention of uses per day.

Is there Errata anywhere? I don't get it why there's a duration mentioned, but no uses per day.

Earth Sight is really strong, because most Dungeons are built of stone. So there's no chance of an ambush, no secret door and if dungeon levels are less than 30 feet apart the Earth Dreamer can map the lower levels without much danger to himself just by looking down.
I could live with Earth Glide if there was an element of surprise left.

Btw, the Earth Dreamer can get Earth Sight at level 11 and Earth Glide at level 12

Christian

Explorer
No errata has been published for Races of Stone, and there's no mention of this prestige class in the FAQ as of yet.

That said, I can tell you that the reason there's a duration listed is that the ability requires a standard action to activate, so it can't be used absolutely continuously. Still, with unlimited uses, Earth Sight will be nearly continuous, except during combats where you can't spare the actions. Earth Glide would only be used as needed, of course, and you have to be aware of your durations lest you accidentally bury yourself.

As far as the balance issues, you'd need to playtest to be sure. I generally prefer to trust that the designers actually did sufficient playtesting unless proved otherwise. But that's me. :)

Remove ads