• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Races of the Wild and more Cover Art posted

Calico_Jack73

First Post
I still haven't bought any of the miniatures sets and probably never will. I don't like how you get a random selection... it is too much like Baseball Cards. I don't have the time to go to the FLGS and try to trade the minis I don't want for ones that I do. One of the reasons I liked the old "Dungeon" boxed set is because each class and race was represented in it and you knew what you were getting just by looking at the back of the box. Would it be so hard for WOTC to include a little card under the celophane letting you know what you are getting in each box?

pdkoning

First Post
Calico_Jack73 said:
Would it be so hard for WOTC to include a little card under the celophane letting you know what you are getting in each box?

Yes, that would be hard, just like Magic the Gathering, it is all about 'how to make this most profitable' If you could just buy the ones you want, you would be finished soon. Now you have to buy 234 'booster packs' to make your (for example) elven minis collection complete.

And maybe it is a good idea to realease more versions every few months, with rare, uncommons, and legendary minis. Just like Magic, a few months ago Darksteel was released, now Fith Dawn is already coming.

And look how long the D&D 3rd edition lasted. only a few years.

Now I should stop ranting.

Fingers Boggis

First Post
GentleGiant said:
Hmmm, my money is on an Avariel.
I think I read somewhere that they would be covered in the book *scratches head* but I can't remember where...

Surely that would come under elven subraces and a dstinctly new race seems to be the way WotC are going?

Fingers

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Olive said:
Edit: and halflings are a 'race fo the wild'? :confused:

Now, for a limited time only, you can get HALFLINGS GONE WILD for only 9 gp and 95 sp. That's right, two full hours of footage from some of Greyhawk's wildest spots. See wild hijinx in the Temple of Elemental Evil. We've got hot action in the Crypt of Lazandrad the Mad. And you WON'T BELIEVE what goes on at the Festival of Oldimarra!

Felon

First Post
Fingers Boggis said:
its most likely the new race, based on the races of stone cover which includes all 3 covered races (or at least we assume the large one is the goliath), what initrigued me is tat it looks like a winged race, I wonder if it will be balanced for LA 0 like the other main races, same with the goliath id like to see a large LA 0 race we'll just have to wait i guess.
Fingers

There a couple of creature types that definitely shouldn't ECL 0 races. One is a flying race (because it completely bypasses many low-level challenges) and the other is a large race (because combat already favors big, strong characters to such a degree that every power-attacking melee fighter should be one).

Last edited:

Olive

Explorer
Greatwyrm said:
Now, for a limited time only, you can get HALFLINGS GONE WILD for only 9 gp and 95 sp. That's right, two full hours of footage from some of Greyhawk's wildest spots. See wild hijinx in the Temple of Elemental Evil. We've got hot action in the Crypt of Lazandrad the Mad. And you WON'T BELIEVE what goes on at the Festival of Oldimarra!

Nice! :p

Felon

First Post
Yes, a design like they used for the giths could work; i.e. the race has an LA of +0, but the abilities don't actually start kicking in until higher levels. So the goliath might not become large 6th level, and the flying race (if that's what it is) may not sprout fully functional wings until about the same time.

Remove ads