• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Races

jason_gosse

First Post
I am creating a NpC party to go up against some friends of mine just to test my self to see if I can handle a role as DM for even a battle let alone a hole game, also I want to see how gestalt work in play.

so I need to make 4-5 npc. what I am looking for is a race for each. it is ecl 20 characters

(20 - la) warmage/fighter (high cha and good int)

(10- la)fighter/rouge (10) order of the bow (high dex) i'm thinking catfolk

(20- la)cleric/fighter (high wis) thinking asismar

(? -la)fighter/barbarian (?)frenzied berserker (high str and good con) thinking goliath or half-ogre

then 1 more that I have yet to deside on. so I am mostly looking for is a race with high cha and good int.

Last edited:

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
A 20th level ECL is not how you want to first jump in, too many things to forget at that level.
I'd recommend something like 7th - 10th max. Even then your pushing the rookie envelope. :cool:

jason_gosse

First Post
TheYeti1775 said:
A 20th level ECL is not how you want to first jump in, too many things to forget at that level.
I'd recommend something like 7th - 10th max. Even then your pushing the rookie envelope. :cool:
I have thought of that and for my game I am starting level 2 but I want to see what a gestalt will be like later on so I know (hey thats a bad idea) now insted of when I get that high.

Particle_Man

Explorer
If you have phb II, you might want to consider the Duskblade and perhaps MM grey elf instead of warmage/fighter. High int and it fits thematically.

I would have suggested grey elf for warmage/fighter but the 20% multi-class experience point penalty would be nasty unless you keep the classes close, which in turn hurts the power of the character unduly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads