• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Racial Paragon Beyond 3rd level?

Ferrum

First Post
Simply put, how would you expand Racial Paragon beyond 3rd level? Would you go another 3 levels max, or would you go to 9 or 10?

Adding spell level progression in the same vein as the first 3 levels seems obvious. BAB, saves and Hit Die should remain consistent as well.

But what about the other bonuses? Should Dwarves get another +30ft Darkvision range somewhere? Another illusion SLA for gnomes? Humans get another Bonus Feat? Or should you expand the repertoire? Give Dwarves Natural armor, Orcs some DR, or Halflings a Dodge bonus to AC?

The biggest concern would be, do you throw in another ability boost? If so, do you double the original, or pick something else to boost by 2?

WhatGravitas

Explorer
I'm not a fan of longer paragons, because... then you can play a character without taking a class at all, but that's my preference. I found that Jaerom Darkwind dind a good job on 5-level paragons... Link here - for inspiration or snagging.

Hope it helps! :)

Remove ads