• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Racial Qualification Feat?

hunterofjello

First Post
I remember reading about a feat published somewhere that allowed a Racial Qualification for gaining feats, prestige classes, etc. for a character who was not a member of that race. I think it was based on Dwarfs, although I was interested if there was a version of it for gaining the ability to take an Elf-only Prestige Class as a Human.

Has anyone here heard about a feat like that or know which source material it comes from?

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
I remember reading about a feat published somewhere that allowed a Racial Qualification for gaining feats, prestige classes, etc. for a character who was not a member of that race. I think it was based on Dwarfs, although I was interested if there was a version of it for gaining the ability to take an Elf-only Prestige Class as a Human.

Has anyone here heard about a feat like that or know which source material it comes from?

I know of the Stoneblessed PrC in Races of Stone; it's 3 levels, and the 3rd level lets you count as a goliath, gnome, or dwarf (your choice) for racial purposes. I don't think I've heard of a way to count as an elf, though.

Starbuck_II

First Post

Alter Self would work, but that would not last that long.

Theroc

First Post

I believe Ruathar from Races of the Wild is a prestige class that does what you seek, but I don't have the material, so it may not allow it. Hope it helps.

Shin Okada

Explorer
I believe Ruathar from Races of the Wild is a prestige class that does what you seek, but I don't have the material, so it may not allow it. Hope it helps.

Ruathar class gives you various elf-like abilities. But it does not let you qualify for elf-only feats and prestige classes.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Stoneblessed PrC for Dwarves...I thought Ruathor PrC for Elves, but I guess not...

For a FEAT...in Races of Eberron, there's a Changling (from Eberron Campaign Setting, basically a race of half-dopplegangers) racial feat called Racial Emulation that lets you actually count as a member of the race you've taken the form of.

The Mongrelfolk from Races of Destiny might have a similar ability, I forget.

That's all I know of.

Thanael

Explorer
Check the Crystal Keep - D&D and d20 System PrC download for a list and the first two levels of most PrCs. This site has more detailed descriptions of the PrCs, but nothing on the granted abilities.

Stoneblessed is a 3lvl PrC accessible at CL2, for someone who learns to ‘be a XXX’, usually by living with them (where XXX is either dwarf, gnome or goliath). So essentially there's 3 versions for this class. The capstone ability is: Stoneborn – for purposes of Prestige Classes, magic items, favored enemies, etc., you are considered a XXX.

Ruathar is a very similar elffriend PrC, but it doesn't grant such an ability.

Last edited:

Herzog

Adventurer
'Races of Consequence', a third party book introducing mixed breeds of the various core races (such as the half-orc/half-elf) also introduces the 'lost heritage' and 'by the blood' feats.

Both must be taken at first level, and depend a bit on interpretation whether they make you actually qualify for prc's (only magic items are mentioned specifically.

I thought the Swan-may PrC from Exalted Deeds would work, but that one changes your type to Fey....

Remove ads