• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Raging and Wildshape

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Wildshape is a Su ability that doesn't provoke an AoO.

The raging barbarian can't use spells, or abilities that require patience or concentration. I could certainly see a ruling that Rage precludes use of SLAs, since they provoke AoOs and are subject to disruption and are also described as working like spells except X, but I don't see anything forbidding Su abilities in general, and since Wildshape does not provoke an AoO it's reasonable to assume it isn't an ability that requires concentration.

(From the Concentration description: "In general, if an action wouldn’t normally provoke an attack of opportunity, you need not make a Concentration check to avoid being distracted.")

So as far as I can tell, Wildshape is not on the list of activities prohibited while Raging.

-Hyp.

LonePaladin

Explorer
They can. Heck, they can do it in whatever order they like, since a druid wildshaped doesn't lose any extraordinary abilities. In fact, part 5 of the Age of Worms Adventure Path, The Champion's Belt, featured a druid/barbarian who wildshaped into a giant crocodile and then went into a rage.

Remove ads