• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Raiments

Sporemine

First Post
Hi people.

I've been thinking about raiments of enchanted armor, suits of different pieces (gloves, helmet, boots, weapon, cuirass, etc.) that increase in power as more are found.

I'm still looking for a way to make it work.

As always on my threads, any feedback is appreciated

Kudos

-Sporemine

CapnZapp

Legend
What do you mean by raiments?

Magic items you wear on top of your armor, boosting its abilities? That is, are you suggesting a new item slot?

Jaysue

First Post
I have two schools of thought after reading what you wrote depending on how I interpret it.

Well when you break down the items we have 3 key items for stats (implement / armor / neck) and then slot items that gives various benefits but not necessarily ones that have anything to do with the slot.

So for an easy "one size fits all" you'd probably only want to deal with those key stats on the "main items" however this would mean unless u started by getting those you'd have nothing until you got one (i.e. you got all other pieces first, that would suck - haha).

If we assume you mean a sort of heirloom set that grows with the character (as the obtain more pieces the originals ones are upgraded to the current 'tier?') - that would also be a cool solution as people are generally getting no more than 1 magic item per level. Something cool might be for every X items you get (say...3) each of your main set items improve by +1.

Anyway - interesting idea - I like this as much/more than Magic Item sets.

Remove ads