• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rain of Steel and Ranger's Quarry Feature

Otterscrubber

First Post
So I've got this Ranger that I'm thinking of multi-classing into fighter for the Rain of Steel stance which really appears to rock. My question is if my ranger misses with his attacks on his round, can he apply his Quarry damage to the damage caused by the Rain of Steel stance when the opponents turn rolls around?

SJay

First Post
That's what I would have thought but the Hunter's Quarry doesn't say that... unless there is errata or it's written elsewhere. It just mentions extra damage (so you have to be doing damage to begin with).

Though it does say "If you can make multiple attacks... " so you could argue that it's implied that you need to attack and therefore make an attack roll.

Hey do things like Weapon Focus work with Rain of Steel?

dervish

First Post
From the errata for PHB:
Replace the first sentence of the second paragraph with the following: “Once per round, when you hit your quarry with an attack, the attack deals extra damage based on your level.”

Rain of Steel does have the weapon descriptor and the damage it deals is rolled, so you would add bonuses from magical weapons as well as feat bonuses such as weapon focus to the damage it deals.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads