• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Random Assortment of Classes

Cabral

First Post
Okay, so the title implies that there are more than two, but for now that's it.

-----------------------------

Weapon Master
HD: 1d10
BAB: Fighter
Saves: Good Fort.
Skills: 2+Int
Class Skills: as fighter

Weapon and armor proficiency: All simple and martial weapons

At level one, the weapon master chooses one weapon he is proficient in. The weapon master gains weapon focus in that weapon and receives a masterwork version of that weapon.

At level four, his skill with his chosen weapon increases and he gains weapon specialization with his chosen weapon.

At level eight, he gains greater weapon focus with his chosen weapon and then greater weapon specialization at twelfth level.

At any even level, where he doesn't gain weaponsmith bonus feat, he gains a fighter bonus.

A weaponmaster levels count as a fighter levels for meeting feat prerequisites, but those feats only apply to the weaponmaster's chosen weapon.

Obviously this class needs a lttile more. Something to distinguish it from the fighter without replacing it. (I want something for anyone who might want to play a skilled weapon master from level 1, rather than build towards a PrC with fighter)

Here's something I had in mind for playing a bardic/martial adept (Book of Nine Swords)

[In Need of Non-Gimpy Name]
Prerequisites:
BAB: +4
Spellcasting: Ability to cast 1st level arcane spells (alternative: CL 2+)
Maneuvers: Knowledge of two maneuvers and one stance. One must be from the white raven discipline
Skills: Concentration 8 ranks, Diplomacy 8 ranks, Perform (any) 8 ranks
Special: Bardic Music class ability

Hit Die: d6
Skills: 6+Int
Class Skills: Bard + Martial Lore

BAB: As Fighter
Saves: Good Ref & Will
Class features:
Bardic Music: [class] levels stack with any others for determining daily uses and available effects of bardic music.

Spellcasting: Every odd level, gain +1 level of arcane spellcasting class.
Maneuvers: For purposes of determing initiator level, [class] levels stack with any martial adept levels. Starting at level 2, any bard levels also stack fully. Finally at every even level, you gain new maneveurs and stances known, and maneveurs readied just as if you had gained a level in a martial adept class you had prior to entering this class.

My appologies on the crude formatting.

Any help is appreciated. :D

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Warblade and Bard already have fantastic synergy. The Song of the White Raven feat means you can already stack your levels for Inspire Courage, which is your big crossover ability.

The Warblade's d12 compensate for the Bard's poor hit die, while the Bard's skill points and skill list round out the Warblade's already good skills.

Crusader and Bard also have fantastic synergy. Not only does the Crusader grant your Charisma bonus to Will saves, but all the nice stuff I said about the Warblade's White Raven synergy applies here, too.

I'm not sure you need a PrC...

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads