Random Encounter Generator UPDATED June 12th

Asmor

First Post
Minor update. Changed the layout a bit, and completed filling in page numbers for all entries. Also, added sections for all entries (articles, if from a magazine; 'creature type' if from the Monster Manual)

Mircoles

Explorer
djdaidouji said:
The first time I used it, it gave me all elves and orcs, and the second time it gave me all skeletons. Though I guess that was just coincidence. I particularly like the elf and orc combo. First glance it was like "thats a bit too random," but thinking about it, it could be a cool hook. Next week, my players are totally going against the Forest Allegiance, a group of crude-for-an-elf elves and polite-for-an-orc orcs.

I can see myself using this in the future!

It'll definitely throw your players for a loop.

vagabundo

Adventurer
It looks great, thanks! (Bookmarked)

Nice for a few pregened random encounters..

Only problem is the colour hurts my eyes after a little bit; seeing red spots... :D

LowSpine

First Post
djdaidouji said:
The first time I used it, it gave me all elves and orcs, and the second time it gave me all skeletons. Though I guess that was just coincidence. I particularly like the elf and orc combo. First glance it was like "thats a bit too random," but thinking about it, it could be a cool hook. Next week, my players are totally going against the Forest Allegiance, a group of crude-for-an-elf elves and polite-for-an-orc orcs.

I can see myself using this in the future!

I would have them as dodgy outcasts - with internal conflicts.

LowSpine

First Post
I got Gelatinious Cube and a load of Human Rabble first time, which I found funny and thought 'that would never work.' Then I got images of the old version of the film "The Blob." and it made me think how it could work.

Random is interesting, makes you think, even if the combo doesn't work it might give you ideas.

Hellzon

First Post
I got a boar and a bunch of ghouls for a level 15 encounter. Forgot to copy it.

This one wasn't too bad:

1 Adult Blue Dragon Level 13 Solo Artillery 4000 Monster Manual, page 78 (Dragon, Blue)
3 Githyanki Warrior Level 12 Normal Soldier 700 Monster Manual, page 128 (Githyanki)

Asmor

First Post
vagabundo said:
Only problem is the colour hurts my eyes after a little bit; seeing red spots... :D

Sorry about that. I'm a programmer, not a designer. I realize that my site's layout isn't that hot to most people, and I'm going to look into making a new design that's a bit easier on the eyes.

Boarstorm

First Post
Looking good.

Well, I dunno how I feel about the... beige, is it? But the generator is great. Are you going to keep including new sources as they become available?

Remove ads