• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

random things I've had questions about

Mystendanian

First Post
1. Would you let a medium-sized character that takes the Monkey Grip feat (pg 7 Sword & Fist) use a large weapon in each hand?

2. If a cleric choses a neutral diety and decides to be able to spontaneously cast cure spells, is that cleric thereby saying his diety is "more on the good side" and restricted from casting Evil and Chaos spells?

3. Since a double-move is a "move and a move again," can a character do two move-equivalent actions in the same round as a double-move?

Thanks,

Myst

Last edited by a moderator:

Ottergame

First Post
Mystendanian said:
1. Would you let a medium-sized character that takes the Monkey Grip feat (pg 7 Sword & Fist) use a large weapon in each hand?

2. If a cleric choses a neutral diety and decides to be able to spontaneously cast cure spells, is that cleric thereby saying his diety is "more on the good side" and restricted from casting Evil and Chaos spells?

3. Since a double-move is a "move and a move again," can a character do two move-equivalent actions in the same round as a double-move?

Thanks,

Myst

1) Yes, but the penalty gets to be quite huge.

2) No, since the deity is still neutral, and as long as the player is too, they are not resrticted from casting alignment based spells.

3) Only one move action may be done in a round.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Mystendanian said:

It depends what you mean by "in the same round as a double move".

If you mean "In the same round that he moves twice his speed", then no.

If you mean "two MEAs in the same round by taking a double-move action and replacing the movement", then yes.

He can do the following, assuming a speed of 30, with a double move action:

1. Move 60 feet.
2. MEA and move 30 feet.
3. Move 30 feet and MEA.
4. MEA and MEA.
5. MEA and MEA, plus a 5' step at some point.

-Hyp.

jblevo04

First Post
the newest version of Monkey Grip in the CW specifically states that the feat does not apply to off-hand weapons or double weapons (I think).

Also, I believe you can take two move actions in one round; substituting a standard action for a move action.

I might be wrong on both of these topics, but I don't think so.

josh

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
jblevo04 said:
the newest version of Monkey Grip in the CW specifically states that the feat does not apply to off-hand weapons or double weapons (I think).

Also, I believe you can take two move actions in one round; substituting a standard action for a move action.

He's playing 3E, so those answers don't really apply :)

-Hyp.

Remove ads