• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ranger Paragon Paths, apologies if this has been asked...

cmrscorpio

Explorer
So, I'm looking over the various paragon paths and what kinds of multiclass characters would be a cool combination. Then I noticed that all of the Ranger paragon paths have a prerequisite based on fighting style.

So, the Ranger paragon paths can only be taken by Rangers. The Multiclass feat for the Ranger doesn't allow you to meet the prerequisites for the Paragon Path. Every class can partake of any other paragon paths simply by taking the appropriate feat. Even the Warlock multiclass feat grants the pact requirement to take the Warlock Paragon Paths.

Am I missing something, or is this a design flaw - or even a purposeful intention - that prevents anyone besides ranger from being an effective archer or two-weapon fighter?

Revinor

First Post
IMC I will for sure allow people with Warrior of the Wild + Two Weapon Fighting feats to take 2W ranger paragons. I'm not sure about archery ones - but they seem to be less interesting to go into.

vagabonvoid

First Post
It seems to be on purpose (hence, no errata mention).

There is another Paragon path in the book that is restrictive (though not as much as the ranger paths) called the Wizard of the spiral tower, which requires proficiency with the longsword. So just having a multiclass feat doesn't automatically make all paragon paths available.

Sitara

Explorer
Yep, the ranger paths, are (if one follows cannon) closed to non rangies.

But I am sure many people will let their players select them if they take the feats.

btw, don't you need ALL the multiclassing feats to qualify for the paragon path?

Mr Jack

First Post
You need all the feats to get the multiclass paragon path(s), but not the class specific ones.

Personally, I think Warrior of the Wild should allow Ranger paragon paths - and I will so rule in games I run.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads