• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ranger w/ Twin Strike and Warhammers

Cirex

First Post
I'm having the same problem.

My group has a Dragonborn Ranger, he once choose to use twin strike to hit once melee (killing the target) and throw a javelin at another. Is that allowed by RAW?

Attack: Strength vs. AC (melee; main weapon and off-hand weapon) or Dexterity vs. AC (ranged), two attacks.

It seems that is possible.

Bronz

First Post
I'm in a similar situation with a player that I have that is trying to recreate a monk. He had a fast, wiley type and melee attacks based on strength did not sit well with him at all. So I simply let him trade the str based attacks with dex to simulate a fast monk. Since his power choices and way of fighting will not take advantage of the dual purpose stat I think it works out.

Any thoughts on this as well?

yu gnomi

Explorer
I'm having the same problem.

My group has a Dragonborn Ranger, he once choose to use twin strike to hit once melee (killing the target) and throw a javelin at another. Is that allowed by RAW?

There was another thread about twin strike (if I could find it, I'd post link to it), where the consensus seemed to be that a PC declares both of his attacks prior to making first attack roll.

Following that logic, if mixed melee and ranged attack is allowed, the player still can't wait for one to fall in melee before deciding to range attack. And if he mixes melee and ranged attack in same use of a power, I think he would provoke an opportunity attack.

eamon

Explorer
Mixing ranged and melee in twin strike isn't going to be problematic, nor is forbidding such mixture, so I'd just do what comes naturally in your group. The rule is a little vague, and it's not relevant in gameplay, so why bother...

Remove ads