• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[RANT] Commercial That Annoys You

Dark Jezter

First Post
Those "Truth About Smoking" commercials are so irritating that I'd consider becoming a smoker just out of spite.

The "Smilin' Bob" commercials also suck hard.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
My friend Mike and I were watching a Mentos comercial and he turns to me with a gleam in his eye. "Do you realize that I could be having sex with another woman and if my wife catches me, I'll just pull a tube of Mentos off the bedside table. And she'll say, 'Oh, he's not an adulterer; he's a wacky funster!' Then everybody would throw their head back and laugh."

Dark Jezter

First Post
You know, I saw one of those Sierra Mist commercials recently, and it gave me an idea for one that D&D players would enjoy...

Shot of a typical D&D-style adventurer walking through the desert. He's sweating like a pig and his canteen is empty. He looks like he's gonna drop dead of dehydration and heat stroke at any minute. Suddenly, a white dragon flies overhead and uses its breath on the adventurer, leaving him covered in frost with icicles hanging off his extremities. The adventurer breathes a sigh of gratification, and the narrator suddenly says "Yeah, it's kinda like that. Try cold, refreshing Sierra Mist."

Yes, I think of strange things when I'm bored. :p

Bass Puppet

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
You know, I saw one of those Sierra Mist commercials recently, and it gave me an idea for one that D&D players would enjoy...

Shot of a typical D&D-style adventurer walking through the desert. He's sweating like a pig and his canteen is empty. He looks like he's gonna drop dead of dehydration and heat stroke at any minute. Suddenly, a white dragon flies overhead and uses its breath on the adventurer, leaving him covered in frost with icicles hanging off his extremities. The adventurer breathes a sigh of gratification, and the narrator suddenly says "Yeah, it's kinda like that. Try cold, refreshing Sierra Mist."

Yes, I think of strange things when I'm bored. :p

lol! Nice!

The commercial that just changes my mood from my current show, is that one by Six Flags Magic Mountian with the old disturbing guy (I know it's make-up) who drives up on a buss and starts dancing to that horrible, horrible, trance track. It's so annoying, that I either A. Mute it or B. Leave the room. no joke.

Turanil

First Post
I sold my TV long ago, so I would see no more commercial for all my life. Fortunately there is no commercials on enworld... or is there?

Remove ads