• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rapid POD has gone LOCO

RapidPODnik

First Post
RAPID POD HAS GONE LOCO

Brandenburg, Kentucky, September 6, 2007— Rapid POD Printing Inc. introduces new prices to book publishers.

We realize that sometimes books need to be done with even greater speed and lower costs than we have already been happily offering our clients for over two years.

For this reason we are excited to bring you our newest option: LOCO (LOw COst) books. Yes maybe we are crazy to offer books at one cent a page and only one dollar fifty for the cover/binding, but we here at Rapid POD feel that what makes the most sense is what will benefit you the most.

For more information about our new LOCO books, contact Nikole Bennett, by email at nikole@rapidpod.com or by telephone at (502) 212-6258.

Technical Specs:
Covers: Are printed full color on 8pt. cardstock.
Binding: Perfect bound / Square bound
Book Block: interiors will be printed on 20# bond, Black and White.
Spine Size: 48 page min, 800 page max.
Book Sizes: LOCO books may be printed in 5 sizes; 10.25”x6.625” (Graphic Novel), 6”x9” (Manual), 5.5”x8.5” (Digest), and 4.25”x7” (novel).
Cost per Book: 1¢ per page, and $1.50 for the color cover.
File Formats: PDF, TIFF only.
Discounts for Volume: 5% per 100 (max 25%)
Minimum Run: 25 Books
Set-Up Fees: None

lmpjr007

Explorer
RapidPODnik said:
RAPID POD HAS GONE LOCO

Brandenburg, Kentucky, September 6, 2007— Rapid POD Printing Inc. introduces new prices to book publishers.

As someone who was recently burned by Rapid POD in their last order with them (It took roughly over 12 weeks, The company did not print 15% of the order I asked for and completely did not print a re-order I ask for, even though I paid in advance) I would say it might be in your best interest to think very carefully about working with this company. Just a thought.

TheLe

First Post
RapidPODnik said:
Book Sizes: LOCO books may be printed in 5 sizes; 10.25”x6.625” (Graphic Novel), 6”x9” (Manual), 5.5”x8.5” (Digest), and 4.25”x7” (novel).

Are those normal dimensions?

I assume this was posted by the new owners, whom we have heard nearly nothing about.

`Le

SOS Mike

First Post
RapidPODnik said:

What is the fifth size?

Treebore

First Post
L. Porter,

They are under new ownership. They bought out jer, um, the previous owner. Should be totally new names, and hopefully means better management. Judging by the old owner/manager that shouldn't be hard to improve upon.

lmpjr007

Explorer
Treebore said:
L. Porter,

They are under new ownership. They bought out jer, um, the previous owner. Should be totally new names, and hopefully means better management. Judging by the old owner/manager that shouldn't be hard to improve upon.
The new owners ARE the previous owners who worked with Ken as partners at Rapid POD. Both, The new owners and Ken still work out of the SAME EXACT location. Ken's niece has now taken over the posiotion of handling "sales and marketing" for the comapny now, after relocation another individual from another state for this same position BEFORE the sale of Rapid POD. I am say that Rapid POD did my first two books with very little issue. This last one was a nightmare (missed Origins and Gen Con due to them) and STILL has not been resolved. Your experience may vary.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
When I closed http://www.enworld.org/images/previews_cube_905.jpg[/imager]]this thread because people were bringing their disputes onto my messageboard, I did not mean "but please post the same grievances again in the very next thread referring to this company".

Louis, drop the subject. I don't want to see you do this again. If you have a legitimate grievance with a person or company, please take up your issues directly with them.

I've moderated plenty of people doing the same to you, Louis; and now I'm moderating you for doing it to somebody else.

Bardsandsages

First Post
Morrus said:
When I closed http://www.enworld.org/images/previews_cube_905.jpg[/imager]]this thread because people were bringing their disputes onto my messageboard, I did not mean "but please post the same grievances again in the very next thread referring to this company".

Louis, drop the subject. I don't want to see you do this again. If you have a legitimate grievance with a person or company, please take up your issues directly with them.

I've moderated plenty of people doing the same to you, Louis; and now I'm moderating you for doing it to somebody else.

In Louis' defense (not that he needs my defending by any stretch), I feel he did bring up a valid point that was relevent to this specific thread. Treebore was under the impression that these were new, as in no previous involvement, owners. Louis pointed out that the new owners are in fact the old co-owners, and that it appears Ken does still have some involvement with the company. This is rather important information for anyone who may wish to consider using this company.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Bardsandsages said:
In Louis' defense (not that he needs my defending by any stretch), I feel he did bring up a valid point that was relevent to this specific thread. Treebore was under the impression that these were new, as in no previous involvement, owners. Louis pointed out that the new owners are in fact the old co-owners, and that it appears Ken does still have some involvement with the company. This is rather important information for anyone who may wish to consider using this company.

As has always been the case, if you wish to discuss a moderation issue, please do it by email, not on the boards - no exceptions, ever. Thanks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads