• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rappan Athuk: Reloaded SOLD OUT by wide margin!!

Treebore

First Post
Bill Webb just posted not to long ago on the Necromancer forums that this is SOLD OUT!! Alliance and some other people got "some" copies.

Those hoping to get theirs through Amazon, bummer!

GenCon is your last best hope.

Treebore

First Post
Because Bill took like 300 copies out of the system for GenCon. They sold out 300 copies of Wilderlands last year, by Saturday, if I remember right. So Bill expects to go home with zero copies left over of RA:R.

I do NOT know the exact number Bill is taking to GenCon, but at least 300 is a good guess based on how many Wilderlands they had last year.

So RA:R is as sold out as a 1,000 print run can be at this point. From now on anyone who wants this is going to have to make due with pdf and printing it out themselves. Which really isn't a bad thing.

With the exception of the few in the Alliance and other channels, which I imagine are mostly, if not completely, pre-orders made through LGS' that were sent through the channels soon enough to be honored by White Wolf/Necromancer.

Treebore

First Post
Please, no one blow this out of proportion, but much to my surprise/shock Necromancer is discussing with White Wolf to do another print run.

I do suggest that if you want a physical boxed set rather than a pdf or nothing at all that you e-mail White Wolf demanding that more be printed.

Remember, this is a DISCUSSION only, no promises of any kind are being made or inferred. So let us hope that a second print run is agreed upon.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Well, this doesn't change anything for me. I'm still planning to charge to the White Wolf booth as soon as the doors open Thursday morning and purchase RA:R immediately.

Arnwyn

First Post
Very unfortunate news, considering it's not even available in stores yet.

It shows a rather dreadful bit of mismanagement when making forecasts and determining an appropriate print run. Thumb down to Necromancer Games.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Consider the fact this is a box set and also the fact that traditionally many adventures by Necromancer Games (especially pre-orders) don't generally sell out this well. So I'm not suprised they ran out, but I am hoping for a reprint and not a PDF thing.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Arnwyn said:
Very unfortunate news, considering it's not even available in stores yet.

It shows a rather dreadful bit of mismanagement when making forecasts and determining an appropriate print run. Thumb down to Necromancer Games.

Same thing happened with Arcana Unearthed in 2003, and Shadowrun 4e at Gencon last year, IIRC. I'm glad we still have some hot sellers in this hobby.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Not to go overboard here, but I must say this is wonderful news for all concerned.

We keep hearing that D20 products don't sell, and that adventures sell even worse. I think this is an example of how that is not always true. Necromancer has a number of great products out there that I simply missed because the print run was small enough that they just came and went. Creating a product that people like this are excited about proves that there's still some life in the industry after all.

--Steve

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads