• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rate Bourne Supremecy (take two)

Rate the Bourne Supremecy on a scale of 1 to 10.

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.9%

Votes: 5 9.4%

Votes: 16 30.2%

Votes: 14 26.4%

Votes: 9 17.0%

Votes: 3 5.7%

Dark Jezter

First Post
(Thread re-started because I forgot to include polling options the first time around.)

Rate Bourne Supremecy. 1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

I rated the movie a 7 out of 10. Good characterization of Bourne, good action, and one of the best damn car chase scenes I've ever seen in a movie. About the only things I didn't like were the "extreme close up shaky camera" editing during some of the fight scenes, and the fact that there was no explaination as to why Eomer's character was such a badass (is he ex-spesnaz? a former KGB secret agent? What is he?).

Perhaps I'll have to read the Bourne novels to get the whole story.

ShadowX

First Post
Why is the shaky camera thing still around? It does nothing but ruin perfectly good choreography. I was presently suprised by the first one, but I don't think I will be seeing this one in theatres. A definite rental though.

Welverin

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
About the only things I didn't like were the "extreme close up shaky camera" editing during some of the fight scenes,

At first I was a bit annoyed by it, but as it went on I decided it fit for that fight (referring to the fight in the house against the other agent left).

and the fact that there was no explaination as to why Eomer's character was such a badass (is he ex-spesnaz? a former KGB secret agent? What is he?).

I was wondering if it was the same guy, as for the no explanation part, when the come came up to after he shot Bourne he said he was secret police or suome such (I forget his exact words at the moment.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Dark Jezter said:
I rated the movie a 7 out of 10. Good characterization of Bourne, good action, and one of the best damn car chase scenes I've ever seen in a movie. About the only things I didn't like were the "extreme close up shaky camera" editing during some of the fight scenes, and the fact that there was no explaination as to why Eomer's character was such a badass (is he ex-spesnaz? a former KGB secret agent? What is he?).

Perhaps I'll have to read the Bourne novels to get the whole story.

The assassin was a
Russian Secret Service agent (remember when he shoots Bourne in Moscow? He shouts to the cops that he's Secret Service - they check his ID and then let him go)

I gave it a nine. I was tempted to take an extra point off for the shaky cam thing but the excellent pacing and intense action of the film kept it at nine for me. The exotic and varied backdrops of this film really impressed me. From India to Germany to Moscow to New York - each change of location added to the feel of an international spy thriller.

Bourne's character itself was much more multi-dimensional than I would have thought. While he wanted revenge on Treadstone he was not the insane psycho-killer I was expecting. He didn't need to kill everyone in his path - merely ruining their lives in some cases or scaring the bejezus out of others was often enough to fullfil his goals.

Last edited:

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
I liked it. I gave it an 8. I thought the car chase with the Taxi was pretty cool.

For the record, the books won't help you one bit for either movie. The only things the book have in common with the movies are the characters names and the amnesia angle.

BryonD

Hero

Also dis-liked the shaky camera style.

But the plot was smart and gripping with excellent action that fit the story rather than trying to carry it.

Harp

First Post
Gave it a 9. Haven't sat the edge of my seat like that since Harrison Ford's "The Fugitive", which gets my nod as the superior movie solely for Tommy Lee Jones' presence.

Dark Jezter

First Post
On a related note, did watching this movie make anybody else want go start up a Spycraft campaign? I know that it's made me want to get together with some friends and run a Spycraft serial. :cool:

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Good movie, gave it an eight.

Hey, has anyone noticed Karl Urban (the actor that played the russian assassin, Kirill), popping up a lot lately? You'd most likely remember him as Eomer in the LoTR Trilogy, but he had a pretty big role in Chronicles of Riddick as well. I really like this actor and I hope to see more of him. He looks like he could make a pretty descent action star.

Dirge

Abraxas

Explorer
Just got to see it - give it a 3. The shaky camera thing bugged me so much, It pretty much ruined it as a movie experience.

Remove ads