• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Rate Paizo as a Company!

Rate Paizo!

Votes: 8 2.8%

Votes: 5 1.8%

Votes: 25 8.9%

Votes: 33 11.7%

Votes: 56 19.9%

Votes: 103 36.7%

Votes: 51 18.1%

I rated them a 0 since they have failed to reach me as a consumer. I have never seen their product on a shelf, and didn't even know they produced Dungeon and Dragon until WOTC dumped them. I have heard of Pathfinder but other then the name I don't know a single thing about it. I never even knew they existed until about 6 months ago.

Rating them strictly as a company, I would have to give them a zero since they hardly even register on my radar.

I just thought some might want to know the justification behind at least one of the zeros.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Simple put, Paizo has my business and WotC does not.

Forget all polls, this is the real measure. Same is true for me. I bought 1 book out of my whole collection of WotC books at full price. The rest I got from Ebay, more then half of which were after the 4E announcement once the price dropped.

Paizo, I subscribe to the Adventure Path and Settings books. And I don't even think twice about the money I spend. Its worht it.

Pygon

First Post

In years passed, I would go to Paizo only for classic 1e mods scanned into PDFs. I really had no idea they were primarily the ones responsible for the content in the most recent Dungeon and Dragon mags. Eventually I started to crave good adventure material and looked to WotC for it. Hah. I REALLY liked Red Hand of Doom and Ruins of Greyhawk, but I wondered what was going on at WotC that their adventure quality was so unreliable, and why it took them so long to make some adventures I enjoyed reading and felt excited about DMing.

Then in the depths of my greatest desperation, I saw the cover for Dungeon #150 and thought... is that who I think it is? It's about time someone painted him right! This naturally lead to my discovery of the Adventure Paths and, after reading #1 in the Savage Tide series, collecting all three of them. When I found out they actually offered free labelless maps for the adventures, that just sealed their reputation for me. This is a company that cares about making adventures they want to play and providing the players the tools needed to play them in the modern age.

Consider my revelation when I looked at the RHoD and RoG covers and found that Paizo folk were responsible for their content (Mr. Jacobs wrote 75% of RHoD. Lucky me!)

My interest has naturally carried into the Pathfinder line. I think it's absolutely great to have a whole company of writers and editors that have a passion for enjoying the game and creating a world where the adventures can take place. In my mind, they are truly a player's supplier of material. Tops in my book.

primarchone

Explorer
I think that 50% of the time you just make up your stats. B-)

Hi!

Incorrect. You can easily find out the total amount of registered posters of each of the main websites dealing in RPG's. For fun, double that number and compare it to the estimated 20 million D&D player base worldwide.

If you do a more accurate count and only take into account the ACTIVE poster number listed in some sites (which averages about 1/6 the total registered number) and the number is even less.

In the end its less than 1%.

Verify it yourself like I did.

Internet talk is just that... talk.

It has no bearing on the reality of market share or sales.

Primarchone

carmachu

Adventurer
Top of the heap at the moment. Quality service. Quality products. They actually listen to fans.

Wotc could take a lesson or three in PR from them.

carmachu

Adventurer
Their customer service would have brought it up to a 4, but last week, they made a mistake which will cost me $40-$50 (a customs issue) extra, for products costing $45, so while past merits shouldn't be erased, it definitely did not give them extra credit in my eyes.

Bad form for you. Customs issues are generally YOUR contries issue, not Paizos. They dont have control over it.

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Paizo is doing lots of interesting things... none of which I presently participate in. So it's hard for me to just rate them.

I am deeply intrigued by the Pathfinder RPG. I'll be eager to check out the Beta product once it's finally released. My ultimate hope is that they take a risk and move further away from 3.5 in terms of classes, feats, combat, while maintaining the feel of the rules.

I think the most interesting thing they're doing right now is Planet Stories. I love the idea of reviving the old serial stories from the various pulp magazines. It'd be awesome if they went one step further and actually started a pulp magazine. That's probably not a profitable endeavor, but it's a cool idea all the same.

They seem to be in a happy middle that allows them to satisfy the core customers, experiment with new products, and make a profit.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Hi!

Incorrect. You can easily find out the total amount of registered posters of each of the main websites dealing in RPG's. For fun, double that number and compare it to the estimated 20 million D&D player base worldwide.

If you do a more accurate count and only take into account the ACTIVE poster number listed in some sites (which averages about 1/6 the total registered number) and the number is even less.

In the end its less than 1%.

Verify it yourself like I did.

Internet talk is just that... talk.

It has no bearing on the reality of market share or sales.

Primarchone

Dude! It was a joke. Lighten up.:cool:

Jack99

Adventurer
Bad form for you. Customs issues are generally YOUR contries issue, not Paizos. They dont have control over it.

Yes of course Paizo has no control over my country's customs. Did you really think I was implying that?

Point was, that if Paizo's customer service (which normally is awesome) hadn't been less than stellar in this case, there would be no possibility of an issue with my country's customs.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads