• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Rate Paizo as a Company!

Rate Paizo!

Votes: 8 2.8%

Votes: 5 1.8%

Votes: 25 8.9%

Votes: 33 11.7%

Votes: 56 19.9%

Votes: 103 36.7%

Votes: 51 18.1%

Ourph

First Post
I'm pretty "meh" about Paizo. I think they did a good job with Dungeon until the whole focus on adventure paths started up. After that I lost interest. Pathfinder (both the subscription mag and the game) is something I'm definitely not interested in and their forums are terrible (both in their technical aspects and in the lack of moderation). I don't have anything horrible to say about the company, but they're not getting any of my business or attention at the moment either.

roguerouge

First Post
I rated them a 0 since they have failed to reach me as a consumer. I have never seen their product on a shelf, and didn't even know they produced Dungeon and Dragon until WOTC dumped them. I have heard of Pathfinder but other then the name I don't know a single thing about it. I never even knew they existed until about 6 months ago.

Rating them strictly as a company, I would have to give them a zero since they hardly even register on my radar.

I just thought some might want to know the justification behind at least one of the zeros.

That's fair. But, for your own sake, and regardless of what edition you play, you should take a look at:

Carnival of Tears
Age of Worms (Dungeon Magazine)
Crucible of Chaos
Burnt Offerings, The Skinsaw Murders and Hook Mountain Massacre (Rise of the Runelords)
Crown of the Kobold King
Hangman's Noose
Kill Doctor Lucky

There's lots of others...

Out of curiosity, how is this not an edition wars thread? Or did the same concern get dealt with in the very similar thread on WotC?

It's about the company. Comparing it to others is only secondary here. Of course, there's a risk these days that everything drifts off into an edition war, but it isn't the intention (and I don't feel like it happened so far...)

That's fair. But, for your own sake, and regardless of what edition you play, you should take a look at:

Carnival of Tears
Age of Worms (Dungeon Magazine)
Crucible of Chaos
Burnt Offerings, The Skinsaw Murders and Hook Mountain Massacre (Rise of the Runelords)
Crown of the Kobold King
Hangman's Noose
Kill Doctor Lucky

There's lots of others...

This thread has actually made me curious enough to go over to their website and take a look around. I am really not interested in the Pathfinder RPG since I already have my own houseruled version of 3.x and don't need another. I also don't need adventures since I have my own. Clicking around for a half an hour or so, didn't find me anything of interest but I will definitely peek at the ones you mentioned above. Thanks.

Wicht

Hero
This thread has actually made me curious enough to go over to their website and take a look around. I am really not interested in the Pathfinder RPG since I already have my own houseruled version of 3.x and don't need another. I also don't need adventures since I have my own. Clicking around for a half an hour or so, didn't find me anything of interest but I will definitely peek at the ones you mentioned above. Thanks.

Try Classic Monster's Revisited. Its not necessarily world specific.

Lackhand

First Post
This. It's brilliant. Light on the crunch, heavy on the super-cool re-imaginings of fantasy classics. They're doing another one for dragons next year. Can't wait.

I liked the _idea_ of classics revisited more than the actual delivery. The reimagining of goblins was great... but I already had that in Pathfinder 1.
The bugbears were really awesome, too, very fresh and new; the high point of the book for me.

I guess that's an occupational hazard when you're looking for fluff to raid :)

Remove ads