• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Rate Paizo's Adventurers

Rauol_Duke

First Post
I highly recomment Crucible of Chaos(my personal favorite of the bunch), Hollow's Last Hope and, for anyone running a desert campign, Entombed with the Pharoahs

Ruined

Explorer
Hangman's Noose is my favorite out of the solo adventures. Logue did a really good job with it.

And of course, the Runelords adventure path is well-worth it, but I imagine you're not looking at those.

Sunderstone

First Post
Picked up the following this past weekend at the Compleat Strategist in NYC...

TC1- Into the Haunted Forest
W1 - Conquest of Bloodsworn Vale
U2 - Hangman's Noose
E1 - Carnival Of Tears
D1 - Crown of the Kobold King

Overall these modules surprised me. I was expecting the average quality module with average backstories, etc. The above modules while visually stunning, all read great as well. Usually I find a few things I dont like, definately not the case here.
My favorites so far are Crown of the Kobold King and Carnival of Tears. Carnival is surprising as I normally dont like Event-driven modules.

Hangman looks good so far (im starting to like Nic Logue more and more), Conquest was alot better than I thought it would be, and Haunted Forest looks like a great Campaign starter.

I did pass on Seven Swords, Gallery of Evil, and Crucible of Chaos though. Based on what Ive been reading about these I may go back for Gallery or order it from Paizo with Entombed with the Pharoahs (which I really wanted to pick up).

The Pathfinder APs are excellent (from my reads, havent run them yet). I really need to increase the frequency of my group's sessions or start another campaign for our off weeks.

Dark Mistress

First Post
Treebore said:
As for the 7 Swords, the complaints I remember reading about was about the moral content rather than the quality. When I read through it I had to agree they pushed the envelope a bit, but I thought it still looked to be a pretty darn good adventure with several fresh ideas.

Yeah not saying they was badly written only that I have heard a lot of complaits about two of the adventures including that one that people had real problems with it. I like the concept of it from what I know of it personally but I don't own it. The other one was Gallery of Evil, now that others mentioned it. From what I recall some thought it was a bit to weird or had a good idea but kinda fell short of truly making use of the new idea. So basic complaints from both sides. Another one I don't own.

roguerouge

First Post
I love 'em all, but I've only yet run Hollow's Last Hope. I had the PC get visions of the people dying each night, which really lent some urgency to the plot. Simple, quality adventure.

roguerouge

First Post
The one thing I'd note with Kobold King would be that if your players want to save the missing as quickly as possible, you're going to want to tone down the baddies, let diplomacy work at a crucial part, or wait till your PCs are higher level than recommended.

Heathansson

First Post
I like Entombed a lot.

I'm playing in Burnt Offerings. We're having a real good time.
Can't wait for Skinsaw Murders! I'm a big Richard Pett fan.

GAAAHHH

First Post
I have all of them except the most recent one. They are all excellent adventures, except Carnival of Tears needs to be toned down a little. I would divide the body count by 10, and give them a little time to prepare before the mayhem starts. Otherwise, even it has a lot of potential as a great adventure.

Last edited:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I wish people would actually answer the question - it isn't about the Adventures, it's about the Adventurers. You know, the people actually doing the expeditions...

:)

Cheers!

Creamsteak

Explorer
Seven Swords of Sin is really bad, but there's some diamonds in the rough. Most of the puzzle rooms are individually great, and could easily be placed into another adventure. It's somewhat cool that there's almost always a way around a fight, but it's pretty unlikely that my group would ever manage to avoid some of the pitfalls. And when you get into the fight, they're all higher EL than the recommended party level by a pretty large margin.

Remove ads