• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rate Troy

Rate Troy

• 0 (lowest)

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 2 1.7%

Votes: 5 4.2%

Votes: 3 2.5%

Votes: 7 5.9%

Votes: 9 7.6%

Votes: 13 11.0%

Votes: 15 12.7%

Votes: 35 29.7%

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • 10 (highest)

Votes: 6 5.1%

Thanee

First Post
I gave it a 9 (just because I'm reluctant to give out the highest rating :)).
Very impressive movie. Great characters (and superb cast), fantastic shots and a very good script.

Funny tho,
that the greeks came with 50,000 men, but not a single siege engine... didn't they have any of those back then? I mean, how did they want to scale those walls?
;)

Anyways, the movie was almost 3h and I didn't notice how the time flew by. Even though the story was well-known beforehand, there was a lot of tension.

Fantastic movie. One candidate for best movie this year. :D

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

talinthas

First Post
I just saw it (free preview), and i'm gonna go back and see it again for real tomorrow =)

damned good movie, worthy in all regards.

shilsen

Adventurer
I'm going to see it today. With the (thus far) positive responses here, I'm really looking forward to it. And being very, very careful to turn my "Greek mythology buff" mode off :)

buzzard

First Post
After a combination of being burned by Van Helsing, and a disfavorable review in the WSJ, I will wait. I had intended to see it Saturday, but I will put that off pending reviews by people who's views are close to my own.

Hay, Barsoomcore, you want to be a guinea pig?

buzzarJ

Last edited:

Sirius_Black

First Post
buzzard said:
My bad, I meant WSJ. Wall Street Journal. I went back and fixed it.

buzzard

No problem. I thought that's what you might have meant, but didn't think they did movie reviews.

MSNBC gave it a good, but not great review.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Just one question for anyone who saw it (you might spoiler the answer if you want): is the Laocoon section in there? I dunno why, I really wanna see those serpents... umm... that didn't sound two good.

buzzard

First Post
Sirius_Black said:
No problem. I thought that's what you might have meant, but didn't think they did movie reviews.

WSJ does a couple reviews in the Weekend Section which comes out on Fridays. I've found that I agree with their reviewer more than I disagree. Which, for movie reviewers, is uncommon.

buzzard

Remove ads