Rathunt [Knight Otu judging]

ChefOrc

First Post
Borkel Hardknuckles, dwarven monk

wow, that was strange ... this guy really had nothing to do with his life but bug people ...

[sblock]
spot 22 !!!!!

If Borkel cannot reach the ennemy to attack this turn, he will use a double move action and try to run if possible to get as close as possible to the sniper and maybe corner him. During the race he screams savagely so that his team-mates can locate him and maybe to intimidate the sniper. He will update his allies as soon as he notices something new. Borkel tries to discern what kind of ennemy he is facing, what weapon it has, etc. He is also wary of other possible ennemies around.

Borkel uses his dodge bonus on the sniper.[/sblock]

Krug

Newshound
Round 2
Borkel:
[sblock]Your keen observation skills makes you realise one thing. You thought you were mistaken at first. The 'sniper' does not have arms, but tentacles instead. One of those tentacles is wound around a javelin, and it seems to be moving around on the walls swiftly, unimpeded. It is humanoid in appearance, and you realise other dwarves have whispered about creatures such as these who attacked and dragged miners to their doom. Now you realise that these creatures are real. It continues to run, realising it's being followed...
[/sblock]

Yeah you get all types.. nutter.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Round 2:[sblock]Tumna ignites the sunrod to bring some light on the current issue.[/sblock]
"Bru darling, you might want to help Eddy to get Lul to some cover."

ChefOrc

First Post

[sblock]
Borkel shivers as he remembers old tales about such horrifying creatures. But the memory of Lul bleeding to death with a javelin in his chest is enough to force him to keep chasing, so as to avoid that fate to others.

(Borkel loudly updates his friends on the nature of the creature, hoping that one of them has knowledge of these beasts and can use that to their advantage)

(If Borkel feels the creature is too quick for him to reach, he will stop running and instead screams for his team-mates to join him so that they can use their numbers to corner it and/or range attack it. In this case, his objective becomes to study the warehouse to form a sound tactic to attack as a group. He pays close attention to the movement pattern of the creature and to its possible escape routes. He is also always on the lookout for additional ennemies or threats, and tries to take cover from the creature so that it can't easily range attack him.)

(If Borkel thinks he can rech the creature, he keeps on making efforts to do so, with the objective of starting a grapple. If Borkel ever ends his movement within 10 feet of the creature, he will throw the dagger that Eddy gave him at the creature.
If the chase brings him too far away from his team-mates, he will stop and wait for them to join him.)[/sblock]

Gray Shade

First Post
Round 2:

Krug:

[sblock]Bru is still standing next to Eddy, right? So Eddy can see a little? If so, he will drag Lul toward the nearest large crate or stack of barrels or whatever could be decent cover, while ordering Bru to come with him. Once behind cover, he will hand Bru his sheild and tell him to stay put and guard Lul. He'll then light his second torch and run back out in the direction that Borkel went. I imagine this will all take a couple rounds, so let me know when I can act again (assuming that all this works out without problem). By the way, good use of sblock![/sblock]

Eddy also shouts, "Stay strong, Borkel, we're coming!"

Last edited:

ChefOrc

First Post

(I hope we are not separated too often, one thing I love doing is to read the other's posts :))

Krug

Newshound
No need for sblock any further after the triggering of the Sunrod

Eddy drags Lul toward the nearest large crate, while ordering Bru to come with him.

"Certainly," the guard says.
Once behind cover, Eddy hands Bru his sheild and tell him to stay put and guard Lul.

Borkel closes in on the creature, and he realises why. however, he finds it hard to do much except shout out that he's turning left, or right, as the creature meanders about. It is preparing to hurl the javelin at the monk.

Tumna activates the sunrod, which flares and shows Borkel about 40' away, with a humanoid creature just 10' ahead of him. Suddenly you realise that instead of arms, it has tentacles, and one of them is holding a javelin.

The creature hurls it at the monk, but the light must have startled it. Borkel sees bloody fangs all bared. The creature throws the javelin, which flies past the monk's head clumsily before falling flat on the ground.

Bru, holding on to the lamp, is startled. "W-what is that thing?"

I'll have a map up tomorrow morning probably...

Gray Shade

First Post
Eddy stops scrambling for his other torch when Tumna's sunrod makes the action visible to him. He looks at the beast and mumbles, "Rrrright. I'm gonna need that back." He then takes his shield away from the stunned Bru and with a pat on his shoulder adds, "just stay here. If that thing kills us, run. Otherwise just stay put, and you'll be fine." Then, with a cry (to hopefully get the creature's attention from Borkel) he charges out with his shield and mace ready.

If there's time he'll make a double move to get up next to Borkel--if not he'll just get headed in that direction and hopefully draw the creature's fire. If Bru won't give up the shield, then Eddy will knife him in the gut--nah, I'm just kidding :p --he will engage in a contest of strengths to rip it out of Bru's hands though, if necessary

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Don't know, but it's uglier than the ugliest orc I've ever seen," Tumna says, a shiver running down her spine. "And trust me, sweety, I've seen my share of orcs."
With her sunrod held high, Tumna dashes towards the monstrosity and the brave monk. As she gets closer, she brings on intense focus and releases her mind against the creature, an audible slap sounding over it.

OoC: Mind Thrusting it with Overchannel, expending psionic focus on Talented to avoid damage. Damage 3d10 = 13, Will DC 15 negates, 6PP left.

Remove ads