• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rating as a ratio of replies to views?

Darraketh

First Post
One last comment/post on this subject then I'll put this baby to bed.

The suggestion is a way of using the space that is already there, the rating column, that is hardly used as it stands.

The ratio is not a rating but a simple statistic. It's just presenting the information, that is already shown, in another meaningful way.

It the ratio was presented I further suggest changing the column title from "Rating" to simply "Ratio" or something else more descriptive of its function.

Now as far as effecting the ratio as though it were a rating system the only thing you could do is post a reply. By viewing the thread and not replying the ratio decreases.

Either way it doesn't matter if the ratio is 1% or 100% it is just a statistic and not a rating. A rating requires a judgment call this would be an automatic function.

Just think of post counts. The count indicates a level of activity but in no way infers that what was posted was meaningful, useful or warranted.

The post count is a statistic not a rating.

The ration of replies to views is another statistic not a rating.

Stick a fork in me I'm done.:D

P.S. I love a good debate! Thanks

Remove ads