Ratio of Spending to Gaming

Joker

First Post
Mystery Man said:
Hi, I'm Brian and I'm a D20 addict....

Hello Brian. Besides saying Welcome, I would also like all of us to hold hands and say how brave you are Brian for coming to us.

;).

JDowling

First Post
around $100 for the past 6 months unless I'm forgetting something.

4 or 5 sessions with another one each week for the next 5 weeks or so (finally got a campaign off the ground :D, but it's near finals :( )

Hopefully though said campaign (setting) will see the light of day again in another few months. I doubt I'll be spending much more on gaming any time soon, unless I get a job at least :p.

francisca

I got dice older than you.
BelenUmeria said:
Heck, my participation on ENWorld may even be a contributing factor. After all, I would never even know about half the stuff I buy without this site!
That is definitely true for me.

I've spent about $150 on RPG stuff in the last 6 months, mostly pdf purchases. In that time, I've had 22 game sessions, 75% of which were AD&D 1e.

So my ratio is: 150/22 = $6.82 per session.

In the previous six months, I was playing 3.5, 1E, and B/X, with 3.5 being about 60% of the sessions. I was spending at about the same rate then as well.

One thing I noticed: the more I play, the less I spend, as I'm actually thinking more about the game at hand and what I need, rather than "what if I need something to cover situation X?" or "Yeah, I may use this someday."

Voadam

Legend
I game over e-mail every weekday so about 5 days/week x 4 weeks/month x 6 months = 120 sessions. I spend about $30/month on gaming books so $180 per 120 days of gaming or $1.50 per gaming session.

Of course most of that is probably about 1/2 hour a day for the gaming and most of the stuff I use is the srd which is free.

So I'm spending $1.50 more per session than I "need" to but I buy things because I want to have them and read them, not because I "need" them for my game.

Necessities would be the srd an online dice roller and a module for the current game. And I got my current module for $5 and it has lasted months.

Non-neccesities but fun used stuff over the last six months includes counter collection digital and about two dozen or so sourcebooks for different monsters, races, planar info, classes, feats, and npcs.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
First and foremost I am a cheap Bas$$$$
Gaming supplies of 6 months: 3 books (100$) Magazines,Minis and Dice (25$) takeout/snacks per session (6$x20=120$) = 245$
Gaming: 8 wks PbPx2 +20 tabletop= 36 games
about 6$ per game, nearly half is food.

I win :)

EDIT: Voadam wins.

drothgery

First Post
~$150 books on gaming stuff.
~20 4-hour tabletop sessions (weekly game, but holidays and work or vacation for the DM and/or host sometimes intervened); 2 PBP games worth counting (especially as the Star Wars stuff has been for PBP games) which I'll call 5 tabletop sessions to make the math easier.

So about $6/session. Not bad.

arscott

First Post
I haven't played much recently.
in the past six months, I've purchased two books and several pdfs. (maybe sixty or seventy dollars total) but the only session I've played was last friday.

Remove ads