• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Raven Crowking's Nest

Votan

Explorer
I don't what the normal pace is for blogging......am I going too fast? Too slow? What should I aim for?

The most frequently updated gaming blogs (Grognardia) seem to have an objective of averaging a post a day to keep people in the habit of stopping by. But there are a lot of fine blogs that update one or twice a week that I follow. Less than once a week tends to be too slow (at least for my tastes) and the blog falls off people's radar.

If you want to get good Google rankings, the old advice (not sure if it applies with the current algorithm) is to post one post per day for a month.

john112364

First Post
I just wanted to let you know that I'm enjoying your blog posts so much that I've added you to my favorites. Very interesting writing. Keep 'em coming! :)

On a side note, any chance you'll revisit your R.E.Howard/J.R.R.Tolkien comparison thread. It was such a good topic. Maybe you could repost and continue on your blog. ;)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
On a side note, any chance you'll revisit your R.E.Howard/J.R.R.Tolkien comparison thread. It was such a good topic. Maybe you could repost and continue on your blog. ;)

Indeed. Add it to your blog and expand upon it as you see fit. Could be the start of an interesting series, too. :)

Melan

Explorer
I don't what the normal pace is for blogging......am I going too fast? Too slow? What should I aim for?

The normal pace is whatever allows you to post good content without burning yourself out. Some of the high-traffic blogs can be seen to be struggling for worthwhile content, especially after years of posting. Don't be that guy.

Remove ads