• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ravencraft and other Adventures

Magicslime

First Post
I'm glad you like it! I did do the dungeons, though it's very rough right now - and I didn't want to have a flow of screenshots all in one post. I mostly just chose angles similar to the ones I saw from you so it was easier to compare. K83a was interesting, I'm not sure about that whole "landing" thing, so I basically just made my staircase from the top study area go down to that level, and my one from the dungeon go up, and then connected them. A bunch of things don't really line up well, but it's mostly because one block is wider than the walls on the maps (though I must say, in the description they are supposed to be pretty thick). My secret doors are all either two things: pistons or command block tp's. The elevator trap in the dungeon I just used command blocks, as I couldn't see any other way to do it. Actually, the only secret doors I really used pistons for are the one in the hall of heroes, the one behind the fireplace leading to the treasury (i actually used pistons for both layers of that) and the one in K26. Everything else is pretty much either one way iron doors (i made these before there were command blocks) or tp's. In some cases the tp's actually fit as the original function is as a teleport, especially in the dungeon. Also, I like how you were able to recognize those rooms on sight, comes from all the hard work building them (and running them in games if you have) :p I'll be glad to post more screenshots or a video or two, though it'll be a little slow as I'm mostly just working on terrain now, while my friend helps me remodel the architecture. It's nice that mine inspired you to remodel yours, but when I said it was different, I did mean just that - not that yours was in any way worse of an interpretation ><

Magicslime

First Post
Oh yeah, I was confused by the picture of the hall of heroes vs the overall picture, in the picture it shows the roof as only beams (you can clearly see the sky above) but in the overall picture of the castle the buildings are entirely covered.

Great stuff, I would never have the patience!

However I hope you have learned (after THREE data loses) to independently back up your data, an external drive is cheap! :D [/IT Services Engineer]

Stormonu

Legend
Sadly, I had even once backed it up, but when I restored the world, couldn't find the castle (it was before I knew how to bring up the X,Y & Z debug screen).

Speaking of which ... making a backup now.

@Magicslime . Thanks for the Command Block TP hint - I hadn't heard of those before and it sounds like it will be real handy for the flooded hall traps and possibly protecting Strahd's tomb.

P.S.: This now also makes my half-finished Tomb of Horrors map a lot more feasible!

Last edited:

Baquies

Villager
Ill just throw a few pics from my Build into the pile. I finished it a while ago, but recently went back to add in new blocks.
2013-11-16_23.39.22.png2013-11-16_23.41.11.png2013-11-16_23.43.48.png2013-11-16_23.42.23.png2013-11-16_23.47.52.png

Stormonu

Legend
Very nicely done!

I'm still fiddling with my map (it's 99% complete), and working with my son on trying to turn it into an adventure map (we've even set it up so just as you arrive by land to the castle, it starts to rain and thunder :) ).

Here is a shot from the almost complete town of Barovia looking up to the castle ....

2013-11-17_23.02.22.png

Here's a shot of a portion of the path up to the castle ...

2013-11-17_23.03.18.png

And, the sun rising over the outer mound of the nearby Tomb of Horrors, deep in the Vast Swamp ....

2013-11-17_23.04.25.png

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads