D&D 5E [RAVENLOFT] [5e] Death House OOC

Yavathol

Explorer
Well, we should be good at making stealth checks, particularly if someone picks up pass without trace:)

Junker is Wergil's title by the way, like Sir but I didn't want anyone thinking he was a knight! I don't know how much the adventure provides links, but in terms of why a nobleman would associate with a criminal & strange zealot, it's going to be a challenge! I'm not even clear whether Mr Aldershot is peasant, burgher or noble class?

I don't know how much the adventure provides links, but in terms of why a nobleman would associate with a criminal & strange zealot, it's going to be a challenge!
Girri is geased. I don't know about Wergil's motive for working with Girri, but dollars to donuts her motive for working with him is that she's been ordered to do so via her geas by the Lower Court in Waterdeep.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
I haven't forgotten this. My concept has changed several times over the past few days but I think I finally have it pinned down. The question before me now is Ranger or Barbarian? Both work but I'm strongly leaning towards barbarian.

Yavathol

Explorer
I haven't forgotten this. My concept has changed several times over the past few days but I think I finally have it pinned down. The question before me now is Ranger or Barbarian? Both work but I'm strongly leaning towards barbarian.

Cool! I'm bizarrely excited at the idea of playing in a party where no one wears heavy armour! Nerdy, I know. That would be ideal for a ship/pirate campaign but it works here too, I guess... Metal armour is not going to help against soul destroying undead, far better to be able to run fast!!

I think you should opt for the concept that you're most jazzed about. I haven't a problem with two barbarians in the same party (if you were looking for input).

GlassEye

Adventurer

[size=+1]Kasimir the Curst[/size]
Or, 'Don't worry. I am in control here.'

CG Variant Human Barbarian 1
Init +1; Senses passive Perception 13
AC 13/14 (Unarmored Defense/Dual Wield); hp 14 (1d12+2)
Saves Strength +5, Constitution +3
Speed 30 ft

Str 16 (+3), Dex 13 (+1), Con 15 (+2), Int 8 (-1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 10

Actions
Longsword +5 1d8+3 slashing
(bonus) Dual Wield - Handaxe +5 1d6 slashing
(bonus) Rage 2/2 (see detail)
Javelin +5 1d6+3 piercing; range (30/120)

Feats Dual Wielder
Skills Athletics +5, Intimidate +2, Perception +3, Stealth +3, Survival +3
Languages Common, Abyssal, Orc

Gear longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4), staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, wooden flute, 8 gp

[sblock=Character Detail]
Variant Human
+1 Str, +1 Con, Stealth proficiency, Dual Wielder feat
Speed 30 ft.
Languages: Common, Abyssal

Barbarian
Hp 14 (12 +Con)
Proficiencies: Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons
Saving Throws: Strength, Constitution
Skills: Intimidate, Perception
Equipment: longsword, handaxe (x2), explorer’s pack, javelin (x4)
Rage 2/2: start as bonus action; 1 min. duration or end as bonus action
Must attack or take dmg each round to maintain rage
- advantage on Str checks & saves
- +Rage dmg (+2) w/ Str melee attacks
- resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, slashing dmg
Restore uses after long rest
Unarmored Defense: 10 +Dex +Con (AC 13)

Outlander
Skills: Athletics, Survival
Tool: flute
Languages: Orc
Equipment: staff, hunting trap (bear trap), trophy (wolf skin cloak), traveler’s clothes, belt pouch, 10 gp
Origin: Exile
Wanderer: excellent memory for the land, find food & water for self +5

Personality:
Ideal: Abnegation Labourdine honor may be lost, but no else will fall to its curse.
Bond:
Flaw: I secretly crave and fear the wild power of the Labourdine curse.

[/sblock][sblock=Background]
Wehrlicht Isle was once a beacon of noble knighthood held by the Labourdine family. Ser Agin Labourdine, known as the Hound for his relentless hunting of servants of dark powers, reached the pinnacle of his career hunting down the Witch of Chattermir Wood. Ser Labourdine fought his way through her pack of wolf guardians killing nine of the demonic beasts before breaking into the witch’s ritual grove and stabbing his sword through her chest. Dying on the Labourdine sword the witch pronounced her last curse: her slayer and his descendants, up to nine generations, would be tormented unto death by the angry spirits of her wolf guardians.

Ser Agin Labourdine returned to his home to rest and recover but he was changed: rages and visions of blood plagued him until he walked fully armored into the sea and drowned himself leaving his wife and young son to survive without him.

Agin's son, Petru, grew into a man of dark and moody temperament. Despite this, he married well, sired a sizeable family, and distinguished himself in service to his king. One winter, with bare hands and teeth, Petru killed his family, excepting Kasimir, then threw himself from a high tower to die on the rocks below.

Kasimir was raised to manhood by his mother’s family on dark tales of his family curse and his sire and grand-sire’s evil. Like the Labourdine men before him, Kasimir trained for war but when he came of age Kasimir sought out means to break the curse. Time and time again he was told the same thing: the curse was unbreakable. Convinced he could turn the curse back upon the evil which spawned it, Kasimir hunted the wilds, away from civilization, where his curse would harm none but those deserving of punishment.[/sblock]

Needs a little prettying up, I think. And I welcome comments and suggestions.

Last edited:

Yavathol

Explorer
Awesome! You convey so much feeling with a short amount of pride! :)

Some questions:
Why did Petru leave Kasimir alive? Maybe he went to kill him but the curse prevented Petru from eliminating the blog line? Has Kasimir maybe taken a vow of celibacy so that the curse ends?

How did he come to know Abyssal?

Since Wergil is also nobility maybe he has heard the story of the curse? How widely known is it?

Last edited:

Remove ads