• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Rcvd Monster Manual today from Amazon - Ink Smeared Pages (Gargoyle/Genie)

stevelabny

Explorer
Anyone else get their copy from Amazon and have this problem?

Ink is smeared horizontally the entire width of the two page spread. Makes the pages almost illegible.

Figured I should check before I contact Amazon.

Nivenus

First Post
I haven't received mine yet but there was a news post earlier which said it appeared to have been a printing error that occurred in several batches. So it's a known issue.

machineelf

Explorer
I got mine today and no problems. I'm really sorry to hear you had less luck. I was sort of worried about it for myself, and know it must be a really annoying inconvenience.

stevelabny

Explorer
Oops. I missed that post and tried to do a quick search beforehand but it didn't come up. And its not a big deal, since I ordered from Amazon.

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
Luckily (?) it's a known problem so you shouldn't have any problems getting a new one/exchange.

I received mine from Amazon as well but it turned out not to be one of the smeared ones. Whew.

pkt77242

Explorer
Mine has this issue, and I just got it yesterday. Will Amazon send a new one first? Does anyone know how the replacement process works?

I have never returned a book but with the other things that I have exchanged from Amazon, they mail the replacement right away and you have something like a week to ship it back to them (it might even be 10 days) so you should be able to get the new one and then return your old one.

Edit: Actually 30 days to return it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201077710

Alarian

First Post
I got my book yesterday but didn't have time to take a look at it until today (I had already left for my weekly D&D game when it was delivered). I got it from Amazon and was relieved to see my pages 140-141 look great.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads