• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Re: immune to crit vs charge multiplier

Fenlock

First Post
Re: immune to crit vs charge multiplier

Hi all

I'm sure that this has been covered before, but i'm unsure about the consensus.

would a creature immune to critical hits (constructs, elementals, undead etc) be affected when charged by a character using 'spirited charge' or/and a suit of rhino armor?

thanx
/Fenlock

rankarrog

First Post
Yes because the creature is hit with more impact in opposite to a critical whch implies that you hit a very vulnerable point in the structure.

More Impact=More Damage
Hit to vital/vulnerable area= More damage

Undeads & constructs have no functionally internal organs so they have no especially vulnerable points, thus no extra damage. more Impact still affects them.

Btw.: What about Point Blank Shot ? A shot with this feat deals more Damage because of your precision, i.e. to aim to more votal areas, creatures imune to crits don't have them(usually) So would you add hte damage? ;)

Last edited:

Fenlock

First Post
That was my take on it, but i was unable to verify it against the srd. (now i only need to find out what the price for a set of 'rhino armor' barding is :) )

It would seem that there is two sets of damage multipliers: critials and impact.

so what would the price of oil of impact be? coat a blunt weapon with it and the next attack does dubble damage ignoring immunity to criticals.

Wolf72

Explorer
iirc rhino armor is a type of hide armor right?

PHb p108 ... barding for large size creatures is: cost x4 and weight x2 ... then add in the enchantment price

4x15 (hide)= 60+150 (MW)= 210gp ...+5,000 (Rhino hide sans standard MW hide cost) = 5,210gp (normal rhino hide is 5,165) ...

(it is medium armor so it does lower the movement rate)

Remove ads