• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Re: Necklace of Missles

lightful

Explorer
Re: Necklace of Missles

I know that the necklace is meant to be an item that takes up a slot around your neck - but does it have to be that way. It isn't constantly in effect the way most other amuletrs are and I can see no good reason why you couldn't stash it somewhere and just pull it out as needed. If game balance is a concern (vis-a-vis the chance of it to blow up in your face) you could rule that it has to be prominently displayed. Strung across your chest or wrapped around your wrist. Any ideas ?

shilsen

Adventurer
Do you mean the necklace of fireballs?

If so, the description in 3.5 (DMG, pg.263) says that it does not take up the necklace item slot even when worn, so your problem is solved.

Ferox4

First Post
lightful said:
I know that the necklace is meant to be an item that takes up a slot around your neck - but does it have to be that way. It isn't constantly in effect the way most other amuletrs are and I can see no good reason why you couldn't stash it somewhere and just pull it out as needed. If game balance is a concern (vis-a-vis the chance of it to blow up in your face) you could rule that it has to be prominently displayed. Strung across your chest or wrapped around your wrist. Any ideas ?

The limits on magic items worn is pretty straightforward. It's put there to regulate balance, and altering those limits clearly will change that. You're rationale of it not being a constant effect item is flawed. Lots of magic items aren't always activated (rings especially) and yet they still take up a slot.

Remove ads