• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Read #4750 last night

River

First Post
Norris said:

Anyway, my hypothesis is that they'll start calling prospective winners next Friday (that would be August 9). If they aren't home, they'll just trash the proposal and go on to the next one.

If they have a long list, they could keep calling new names over the weekend.

My guess is that the winners have already been contact, or will be shortly.

Wizards might do well to circulate the 10 1 page proposals at Gen-Con <Names removed if the authors wish> to pump up interest.

River

Norris

First Post
alsih2o said:

i see this as a little ridiculous, i would assume that they are smart enuf to know that most of the folks worth hiring are not sitting around doing naught during normal work hours....

It was, of course, intended to be ridiculous. Then again it was inspired by a story about TSR.

They were doing layoffs. Some of the workers knew they were coming. The phone would ring in Worker A's cubicle, and he wouldn't answer it. It would stop, and then it would ring in Worker B's cubicle. He did answer it, and he was askedto come up to management, and was laid off. And so on through the list of phone extensions.

Gargoyle

Adventurer
River said:

My guess is that the winners have already been contact, or will be shortly.

Wizards might do well to circulate the 10 1 page proposals at Gen-Con <Names removed if the authors wish> to pump up interest.

River

Since they don't own that material, they won't.

Micar Sin

First Post
Wel, actually....My partner and I *did* do an ice world. It's not entirly ice covered... still has large areas near the equator free of ice...

Sir Trent

Explorer
I have a guess

I'd be willing to be that they'll notify the ten winners on the Wednesday before Gen Con because most of the Wizard people will be there and won't want that hanging over them when they get back.;)
Of course, my natural inclination is to be wrong about everything.

Irysangel

First Post
Really? I'm kinda thinking they'll wait until about 4-5 pm on Friday afternoon to post details, so they will allow people full freakage time over the weekend, and be fresh on Monday.

EliasVaughn

First Post
Shaeless self-promotion

While not entirely an ice world, I have put out an ice-age campaign setting. My experience was that it's not too difficult to invision; there were certain points that had to be considered (technology and economy, mostly) but nothing overwhelming.

If anyone is interested in checking it out, the adress is

http://www.pitt.edu/~pms36/ww/index.htm

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
They notified me yesterday that my submission, being of such high quality, was nominated the undisputed champion of all just a few minutes ago.

Okay, actually, they didn't, but it happened in my dream last night. :)

Oh, and I know my "great evil" is kinda Cthulu-esque, but I want it to be more of a moral thing than a big tentacled beast. Every thought you have about ending the life of someone else that brings you joy or happiness, the evil grows much stronger.

It's more "We Are All The Villain" then "Weird cultists with unhealthy tentacle fixations"

So :p

:)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads