• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reading a scroll while invisible?

Cl1mh4224rd

First Post
Nail said:
Here's th' thing: Magic is much more easily based on Aristotlian natural philosophy, rather than Modern Quantum Physics. In fact, Plato's forms are likely where some of th' concepts for illusions and glammers and such came from. Glammers affect the image of the object, but not the object itself. Pretty clear, really.

i agree.

I really don't care how you explain it...jus' as long as you don't draw some erroneous rule-assumptions from it. ("I'm blind 'cause I'm invisible!") But I'll betcha that if you used the reasoning of all those ancient dead Greek guys, you wouldn't have so much of a problem.

well, i'd say it's perfectly fine if you know that your conclusion is, by the rules, erroneous... that's what people like to call "house rules". ;)

mirzabah

First Post
Sejs said:
LoL, so I gotta ask - if i put a point into Speak Language and chose braille, then scribed my own scrolls in said language, could I read them while invisible?
Braille is an alphabet, not a language ;)

Nail

First Post
Cl1mh4224rd said:
well, i'd say it's perfectly fine if you know that your conclusion is, by the rules, erroneous... that's what people like to call "house rules". ;)

Agreed.

...however: Many (if not most) house rules fall into the "system is broken so I gotta fix it" category. The system ain't broken here. The explanation is simple, and grounded in our own history. So, no need fer house rules.

Then again, if yer makin' 'em up 'cause "they're cool, dood!", well then hey: knock yerself out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads