• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Real Life Stats

Baragos

First Post
I'm probably Expert 3/Warrior 1...I have a masters from university and military basic training...if this was d20 Modern I'd probably go Smart Hero all the way, with Savant (Trivial Pursuit and other usless bits of information) as my 1st level talent :)

interwyrm

First Post
As far as online posting... I think a catchy avatar adds like +6 to effective charisma. I mean... think about it, you remember best the people that have an avatar... right? Diaglo comes out as #1 in my memory, and I haven't even seen him post that much.

genshou

First Post
Hodgie said:
I am just looking to make sure I understand you here...

Are you implying that most people in the world are "worth" less than 25 points such that they would be heroic if made on such a system, but that you are innately nearly double that "worth"?
Well, think about it. The vast majority of people fall to the middle of the bell curve. If I'm on the extreme high end, that doesn't make me "worth" more as a person, does it? But from strictly a point-buy perspective? Well, theoretically an all-18 character could be generated by rolling 3d6. But it's not bloodly likely. That character, though, would have 96 points. Are they "worth more" from a point-buy perspective? Obviously. A character with my ability scores would be a phenomenon (which is what genshou translates to, actually), but I'm hardly unique. There are many more beyond me in the world.

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
Well, depending on how you interpret scores lower than 8, I could be pretty close to a 25-point character.

Str 7
Dex 6
Con 8
Int 17
Wis 9-11
Cha ??

I have no clue how to measure my Wisdom or my Charisma. I know my senses are pretty dull, and I have to concentrate to understand what other people are saying to me. It's probably in the 9-11 range, but I have ranks in Sense Motive and probably the Iron Will feat.

Charisma? Everyone I meet remembers me. The vast majority of them like and respect me. So, probably a bit higher than average Charisma. I've had people actually comment on my "force of personality", and tell me that I have an "aura of authority", a "quiet sense of dignity" and all that. I even had one person run around telling people I was a "manipulative son of a bitch" and an "evil mastermind" that was controlling everyone I know.

All of this is incredibly flattering, but patently ridiculous.

As for the physical stuff... People think I'm stronger because I can carry more, but how are they going to notice a lowered movement rate? I've got a movement rate of 10 feet and I can't run.

The only sign of Dexterity I have is that I type at a very rapid pace. On the other hand, I have less than normal flexibility in most of my joints (except my fingers), I move slowly, I lack coordination, and I need a cane to walk. (Mostly for support, but it helps my balance a good deal, too.)

Constitution? I'm allergic to myself. I can't measure how long I can run... because I can't run. I can barely hold my breath for a full minute. I get sick every couple of months, and when I get sick, I stay sick for a long time. The only signs of an above-average Constitution I have are my tolerance for ingested substances and my pain tolerance.

I don't know. I may be more than 25 points, but I'm sure as hell not heroic.

JackGiantkiller

First Post
I hate to say it...but a realistic analysis of one's strong points is not hubris.

And is false modesty any more endearing?

The only real trouble is that we can't know if Genshou is realistically evalutaing him/her/itself. Why don't we just give this individual the benefit of the doubt? All people are *not* created equal. Some people *are* just more capable at least in quantifiable ways. This has nothing to do with their moral value.

Of course, I'm elitist, reactionary, and viciously anti-PC.

domino

First Post
I think I can confidently say that anybody here who gives themselves an 18 in any stat is either overestimating themselves, or downright full of it.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
domino said:
I think I can confidently say that anybody here who gives themselves an 18 in any stat is either overestimating themselves, or downright full of it.
There's also an argument to be made that the IQ to INT conversion should simply be to slash IQ by 10. Very few people would get offended if someone announced that they had a 14 INT. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads