• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Really Obnoxious Dragon Question

warfangiscuter

First Post
Hey guys. I have a really stupid question. In one of my single player campaigns, a cleric casts some invincibility spell on the PC. Seconds after, The main bad guy, a red dragon, kills the cleric and grabs our hero. Since I've heard of the Draconomicon, I've integrated the snatch and swallow feat into the game. So the point is: Can a swallowed creature hear what the thing that ate them says?

Y'know, like a behir swallows a troll and the troll can hear what the behir says. Don't judge me.

Last edited:

Descartes

Explorer
I would say no. The sizzle of the stomach acids around the character would drown out any other sound. Sometimes the sounds from my own stomach overpower those around me if I eat too much pepperoni pizza and I'm not inside the maelstrom.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
nope, think of it as a well padded room. Add to that the other noises in the area, stomach acids, splashing and dripping, the other things being digested. Oh, and the smell and gasses. The stomach is a very hostile environment.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads