Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [OOC] (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
OOC Thread
re: datapad - here are my questions:
Who sent the RES to survey this system.
The RES wasn't sent specfically to survey Toril's system. The survey was done by several ships over the last cycle but it is unclear who gave the order. Velfana Sarde's name is on the order but not her electronic signature. (She is the leader of the RES, as per p. 43 in the Player's Companion.) Tocrhor wasn't assigned to that mission, so the data he has come through channels (and parts could have been electronically redacted). The survey was a general exploratory mission sent to scout along the frontier to seek new worlds that might be a good place for a new Imperial colony. The Emperor didn't know about it, and the mission was likely an internal decision made by the RES.

The Lernaean System (with a class A white star) was the first to be discovered along the frontier while the Amaunator System was the last to be discovered in the survey. That ship, called the Ingenuity, made note of the system over 120 days ago, although the ship had to turn back because of a failing starcaster before it could do a complete survey of the system. (It didn't enter the system.) Once the newly surveyed systems were entered into the Imperial database, it was only a matter of time before someone close to the Emperor found and read the report.

Mezzenbone likely sent the Centurion in to just finish the survey so that it was 100% complete. Do so would be unusual for him, as he usually delegates such mundane tasks to his underlings. Maybe he saw something that others missed.

However, the survey on the datapad isn't the Centurion's survey. It's a piecemail job done by the pirates. There is very little on the system's other planets. Tocrhor has combined parts of the Ingenuity's official incomplete survey with the ramshackle bits put together by Lachlan. It is only 65 to 70% complete, and Shaz calculates a 11% margin of error.

Who is Tocrhor directly reporting to in the RES and/or Qesemet?
Tocrhor's reports go to a woman named Gissula Rexword. There isn't a lot about her on the datapad. It seems most of the communication was one way. There a few emails that seem cordial and Shaz is fairly certain she's quite intelligent. Gissula and Velfana's names are the only official names listed in the hobgoblin's files. There are a lot of correspondences between him and what might be a love interest.

Tocrhor doesn't seem to have any official standing as an agent of the Qesemet, but he has commendations from the RES for his own survey work during past cycles.

Are there any other RES agents on planet who might have communications gear?
No. There is an Infonet report that talks about some sort of Legionnaire splinter group working in the Aegis Sector. It doesn't look very reliable.

What information does it have on Lachlan and Zuogrim? Their base of operations? Where might Lachlan go after fleeing Toril?
The pirate's base of operations is a starship known as the Fire Wyvern. It is a modified Iron Dragon-Class freighter (SR, p. 47).

The pirates have tons of contact through the sector but most of them have a solid alliance with Zugorim not Lachlan. If Zugorim manages to get off the planet and in contact with one of these people, Lachlan's going to have to run for the outer Outlands, if he knows what's good for him. However, if Zuogrim dies on Toril, Lachlan will likely be able to make peace with those contacts.

The closest contact is a man known only as Seak who can be found on Achol Fra, the primary world in the Zefferan Colonies (roughly 140 light years away). However, the crew of the Fire Wyvern is wanted in the colonies (and most places on the Golion side of the boundary). The safest place for the Fire Wyvern to go is star system known a Sout, which is far on the Altara side of the boundary. There is also a closer system, called Caralol, where the pirates have been forced to hide in the past. It is also on the other side of the boundary but it is a very dangerous system. While Shaz has never been in that system, he's heard of it. Deadly solar flares and its world are home to frightening aberrations.

The datapad has complete dossiers on the pirates including the crimes they've committed. Tocrhor is very detail oriented. I don't have such dossiers written for you, but I can say they are all guilt of piracy, kidnapping, murder, and a few other crimes I won't mention (especially Azara). Azara's file has a failed psych report from a time when she was incarcerated in the Blackward on Savell 6.

Tocrhor lists neither Zugorim nor Lachlan as being clinically insane. He notes Zugorim as being 'coldly calculating with a vicious temper'. The orc pirate will kill without hesitation, but he usually won't kill unless he wants to make a point or is cornered. He has a dark, twisted sense of humor and very little honor. Zugorim is considered to be infamous in the Aegis Sector. He is feared from Bluefall to edge of the inner Outlands. Few have dared to ever challenge him openly. His crew fears his rage. He's not a thinker and had always left that up to Lachlan who he believed was fanatically loyal to him. The orc pirate works hard to avoid the gaze of the Dragon Empire, and he's never raided any world within its official boundaries, or if he has, he's never been spotted or left survivors. Note that any Imperial citizen who grew up in this sector in the last 15 cycles has heard of Zugorim. He's that infamous. The only other Outlands pirate who is feared more is the leader of the Pirate Brigade, Thul Gulokas. And that is the one man Zugorim truly fears.

Lachlan dossier doesn't have anything in it that Shaz didn't already know about the man. He's a sharakim, a type of cursed humanoid that was once purely human. He is quick-minded rascal and an excellent pilot. He won't have any trouble with the Fire Wyvern. He's not tough hand to hand. He prefers to out-think his opponents and is usually four or five steps ahead of everyone he's ever faced. Shaz came the closest to catching him, of anyone. (That's not in the dossier.) He loves wealth more than anything. He cares little for power, although he likes to tear down governments. He's got a mean streak when it comes to humans and any other being with human blood. Lachlan's greatest weakness is his huge ego. It has gotten him into serious trouble, but his intellect has always managed to get him out of trouble.

DM's Note: Neither Lachlan nor Zugorim have ever spent a full 24 day in any jail or prison. Consider Lachlan a slippery fellow with contingencies that I don't even know. On a Intelligence roll, with a DC of 15, Lachlan will always escape, unless the PCs take great care to lock him down. Even then the DC increase by only 1 point for every idea the PCs come up with. He's scary smart and quick on his feet; however, he is not tough or strong (or he pretends to be weak). And he's butt ugly. I mean... U G L Y ! ! !

Zugorim has only managed to stay out of jail because he's had Lachlan's help. Now on his own, he'll be hard pressed to not end up in prison (if he survives Toril). :p

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Will start working on replies soon. (I had to go out again yesterday and I'm having supper with my sister and dad tonight.) The replies will likely be staggered over a few days so I don't burn myself out.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
FYI, I had to do two errands today and four loads of laundry, so I'm really tired. :yawn:

I'm going to be working on my next reply for as long as I can before going to bed early. You guys will, hopefully, get at least one reply tomorrow. However, I do have physio tomorrow, so it won't be until later in the day.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
[MENTION=10894]KainG[/MENTION], that is not the name of the current Magister. The current Magister is listed in Magic of Faerun on p. 187.

Remove ads