Realmsian Dragonstar: The Battle of Toril PbP Game [OOC] (Game Cancelled)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Just wanted to say that I help you are doing alright. Best of luck.
It's been a tough couple of weeks. Physio helped a little, but I've also been feeling a bit burnt out emotionally. One of my cousins had been in Vegas. He and his wife are okay, but what they went through traumatized them and their families and the emotional event has trickled over into my immediate family. My mom was very upset when she heard about it and when she told me, it affected me a lot more than I thought it would. (My cousin and I are not close; I haven't seen him in over three decades [at least].) I can't imagine how I'd feel if he or his wife had died. :(

Plus, a friend of mine that I just got back in contact with lost his father several weeks ago, so I've been very concerned about his well being. We've talked on the phone a few times, but I haven't seen him yet. I'm trying to give him the time and space he needs to handle his emotions and the emotions of his mother and brother.

Add to that my sister's birthday last week and Canadian Thanksgiving and, well, it's been a long couple of weeks. (I'll have a lot to speak to my therapist about the next time I see her.) We were supposed to have my dad over for supper last week, but I wasn't feeling up for it emotionally or physically. We're going to go to dinner with him tomorrow night (Sunday). It's always good to spend time with him.

So, I'm not sure when I'll feel up to writing replies again. It likely won't happen this weekend. Cheers! :)

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Checking in. How's things?
My Real LifeTM is still a bit of a disaster right now. They found cockroaches in my building (but not on my floor) and sprayed/fogged all the apartments around the two that had them. My sister and I had to pull all the furniture away from the walls -- we have a lot of furniture -- and I had to pack away all my RPG stuff in plastic bins to keep them safe from the spray and any cockroaches that MIGHT get into my apartment. I've been fighting to keep the place as clean as possible. It has put a strain on me physically and emotionally. I have no idea when we will get back up and going again. I'm just starting to go back to physio to work through and the sore muscles from moving furniture -- some of which hasn't been moved back yet because if I try, I'll really hurt myself. :(

It likely won't be until in the new year before I feel like myself again -- I hope. Right now, I'm watching a lot of TV and playing video games. I just starting playing a game called Ragnarok Online 2. In truth, I'm a bit burnt out on DMing pbp games. I need some gaming fun where all I do is kill the creatures and take their stuff. I will NEVEr abandon this game or my other pbp games, but I need a mental and physical health break. The hiatus hopefully won't last past January.

I'll keep you guys informed.

Cheers!

KF

Shayuri

First Post
No worries, Knight. Take all the time you need. Thanks for checking in, and I hope things improve for you! I totally get how things are overwhelming right now...GMing is no joke in the best of times, let alone when things are piling up like that.

Have a happy and relaxing holiday!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
[MENTION=161]Buddha the DM[/MENTION], [MENTION=34958]Deuce Traveler[/MENTION], [MENTION=10894]KainG[/MENTION], [MENTION=1095]Salthorae[/MENTION], [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]

Hey all,

I'm just letting you all know this game isn't dead. My need to recharge my batteries took longer than I thought it was going to. FYI, I'm not quite ready to get going again. I want to finish up my longstanding Crow God pbp game before I delve back into this one (or my Shackled City pbp game). The plan is to finish the current fight and then fast forward to Candlekeep.

I should also mention that I recently bought the Starfinder Core Rulebook, and I have it in my head to eventually take Realmsian Dragonstar into that game system, as long as I can find/make conversions for some of the key aspects of Dragonstar. (In my head, I call it Dragonstarfinder. Heh.) Note that I've JUST started reading the core book today, so that is some time away.

Remove ads