Reavers of Harkenwold -- new campaign setting?

arscott

First Post
The timing, in particular speaks to it being a core adventure rather than a campaign setting specific one--it comes out in February.

As for the letter designation, I expect the H stands for heroic, rather than Harkenwold. No opinion on the S.

Klaus

First Post
The timing, in particular speaks to it being a core adventure rather than a campaign setting specific one--it comes out in February.

As for the letter designation, I expect the H stands for heroic, rather than Harkenwold. No opinion on the S.
"Second"?

Windjammer

Adventurer
I'd also assume that the "H" in "HS" means "heroic". So this doesn't preclude the possibility of them doing 3 instalments of "HS" (as the "1" in "HS1" seems to indicate), followed by 3 instalments of "PS" and "ES" respectively for the upper two tiers.

What's the "S"? Here's my shot at it. It's "Supernatural", just as in the legendary S1-S4 series in AD&D 1E, some nice tributes to which we were recently given in Open Grave. What's more, given that WotC just released a (not so great) 4E version of T1 Hommlet and is about to release a (hopefully awesome!) 4E version of G1-3 (entitled Revenge of the Giants)* it woudln't surprise me if they follow their strategy of building on classics to recapture older gamers who've left the hobby behind some time ago.

* Please link me to any material on the web - esp. previews - on this product if you found some. I'm mightily curious about this one. :)

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Yep, Standalone. They've missed the mark for me.

And Reavers of Harkenwold has become The Slaying Stone.

They also have HS2 - Orcs of Stonefang Pass on their product listing.

Soel

First Post
And Reavers of Harkenwold has become The Slaying Stone.

Reavers of Harkenwold had blurbs about the barony of Harkenwold being invaded, with involvement from an organization called the Iron Circle. It was also to be the first of a Nentir Vale series of modules that was to progress through the heroic tier.

Slaying Stone has a completely different plot, but it does share the same cover.

Remove ads