• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recalled RPG products?

Glyfair

Explorer
frankthedm said:
Is it good? The plot sounds fairly reasonable since IIUC Adolf make many mistakes that drasticly impacted the 3rd reich.
IIRC, the story was the communists took over and created a world that was very suspicious of mutants and such. I sold it a few years ago for about $40-$50 or so. I did so because I thought it was a very lackluster adventure and was very unimpressed with the quality. Doing a search I see that many people ran memorable campaigns using it. I didn't really see that and think it was more the group.

Deathstroke was my favorite Champions published adventure.

sjmiller

Explorer
There was a GURPS solo adventure called, err (digging deep into my memory here) Up Hausberk! (I think). It was sort of like a Choose Your Own Adventure game, but the page references were so screwed up that it was unplayable.

Darkwolf71

First Post
Emirikol said:
CONAN RPG by mongoose was recalled wasn't it? Their Shadizar product with the plagarized maps was recalled to I think.

jh
I don't know about Shadizar, but the rule set was not. (at least not that I ever heard.)

The new second edition had some binding problems with the first run, but rather than recall, they have simply replaced the shoddy copies free of charge.

The first core book was quickly replaced with an errata'd version called the 'Atlantean Edition', I think they did a free exchange with that as well, no recall.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Darkwolf71 said:
I think they did a free exchange with that as well, no recall.

Nope. You got a discount if you purchased the corrected edition (there was a large-ish stink about being forced to pay for a revision that was offered to correct the atrocity that was Conan First Printing).

Nevine

First Post
Speaking of Mongoose, while I don't think they recalled the product, they did destroy their stock of Sheoloth, City of the Drow.

To this day, I still don't know what necrore is.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I've know a couple of 'Send/bring us the old one and we'll replace it' book swaps because of bad covers, so that might technically count as a recall. Vampire first printing and... some GURPS book, I think, had been mishandled as far as the binding was concerned.

Darkwolf71

First Post
jdrakeh said:
Nope. You got a discount if you purchased the corrected edition (there was a large-ish stink about being forced to pay for a revision that was offered to correct the atrocity that was Conan First Printing).
Hardly an atrocity. I've used my first printing with no issues at all. The changes, as I recall were fairly minor. They just happened to be caught after the book went to print.

In any case, my point was that there was no recall.

BadMojo

First Post
jdrakeh said:
FFE made a big show of recalling and destroying (by choice) its many D&D 3.0 products in some kind of effort to paint WotC as eeeeeeeeeeeevil. Said effort backfired a bit.

I think FFE should be commending for doing a great service for gamer's everywhere by destroying those books. Most of them were so bad it was like reading a mind-blasting Lovecraftian tome with less interesting content and glossy paper.

FFE wasn't real big on proof reading, editing or ya know, rules that make sense.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Nevine said:
Speaking of Mongoose, while I don't think they recalled the product, they did destroy their stock of Sheoloth, City of the Drow.

Really? Is it worth picking up? They have a copy at the FLGS on 30% discount.

Remove ads