• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reciprical Warp Drive for Mongoose Traveller

Thomas Bowman

First Post
Am I correct in understanding that the eccentric-orbit planet in Subsector 74 replaces Orbit 8?
If not, how does the system avoid collisions?

I also take it that Orbits 7 and 8 are resonant: when the orbital paths cross, only one planet is on that side of the star.

I know you have to work with the format Enworld provides, but your material would fit in a Traveller Little Black Book much better ! :p
Only the labeled orbits actually exist. the outer orbits past orbit 5 are impossible in this system because of the gravitational influence of the second star which is in that elliptical orbit that you see, it has its own set of orbits that I mark with an apostrophe ' to distinguish them from the orbits around the primary. The Alpha Centauri System consists of three stars and their attendant planets, the stars are Alpha Centauri A, B, and C, the third is also called Proxima Centauri or just Proxima for short. the system chart below the main binary are the planets for Proxima Centauri, on that map each square is a light minute instead of a light hour. Each component in the system has an Earthlike planet.

The most Earthlike planet is Aurora, the second most Earthlike planet is Boreas, and the third most Earthlike planet is Athena. Athena is covered with an ocean. Aurora has seven continents and a similar hydrographic percentage as the Earth does, it has a longer year as it is further from its star than the Earth is, each season that it experiences lasts about 100 days and change instead of 90 days as it does from Earth. humans have colonized Aurora over the past 1000 years in slower than light starships. The first of those starships arrived around 500 years ago, at around the year 3000, cities and settlements were already established when the Warp Drive was invented and new arrivals suddenly appear from the Solar System, creating all sorts of cultural clashes between the established settlers and the newly arrived.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads